No nails versus plugs for curtains

Is it possible to use "no nails" to hold a 5 feet piece of wood above a window to then screw a curtain rail on ?

Is it possible to use "no nails" to hold a 5 feet piece of wood above a window to then screw a curtain rail on ?

No nails is not suitable, I would use plugs and screws.....

No nails is not suitable, I would use plugs and screws.....

Agree with above

Thankyou, I will use screws & plugs.

If you are putting a batton on a new type house that has been dry lined [ plaster boards.] unibond wall / no nails on batton and plug and screw./ So to be safe pr-drill baton .then offer batton to wall re drill to through batton to mark holes in wall - plugs will then be in correct place. Then unibond wall put no nails on batton. In plaster board walls put the red screw type plugs in plaster board. Dont forget to counter sink screws in wood .you have now got it fixed twice as when you tighten screws it will pull batton on to no nails ./ No need to over tighten/ leave 24 hours before putting curtain brackets on and hanging curtains

Edited by spider1

If you are putting a batton on a new type house that has been dry lined [ plaster boards.] unibond wall / no nails on batton and plug and screw./ So to be safe pr-drill baton .then offer batton to wall re drill to through batton to mark holes in wall - plugs will then be in correct place. Then unibond wall put no nails on batton. In plaster board walls put the red screw type plugs in plaster board. Dont forget to counter sink screws in wood .

Check there are no hidden water pipes, a friend of mine did this the other week and drilled straight into a water pipe.

Check there are no hidden water pipes, a friend of mine did this the other week and drilled straight into a water pipe.

Yes also check for elec cables . Very unlikely there will be any thing above windows but you never know .:hihi: