Should diesel vehicles be banned from the city centre?

Ban diesels from the city centre ... excellent idea ... but this must include buses, taxi's ande trains!

From 1st January 2018 all new black cabs in London must be electric. The policy was first announced in 2015.

When will Sheffield do the same?

What about all the private hire vehicles that are not black cabs? It seems unfair to pick on one group of vehicles (and make them even less competitive), and not another.

What about all the private hire vehicles that are not black cabs? It seems unfair to pick on one group of vehicles (and make them even less competitive), and not another.

Errrr have you had a black cab bill lately?

lol

Would like to know where lots of taxis in Sheffield get them tested!

Keep following taxis with black smoke pouring out of the exhaust that surely would never pass an emissions test..........some funny business going on!

Easy.. they're called 'pass for cash' garages.

.......so drivers and garages involved with criminal activity then?

Sheffield taxis are tested by Sheffield Council.

Sheffield taxis are tested by Sheffield Council.

Who are, and let me be quite clear on this, well trained, using the latest equipment and honest as the day is long.

Who are, and let me be quite clear on this, well trained, using the latest equipment and honest as the day is long.

SCC might be corrupt, but the testers are very strict, and I've been tested by them for 17 years, mostly twice a year because I can't afford new cars.

Someone saying they can be paid off is nonsense, I'm stating that quite clearly.

What Puggie says about dodgy MoTs is ironic considering his support for app based taxi companies that DO have the availability of these dodgy MoT stations, and is quite frankly laughable in irony.

What Puggie says about dodgy MoTs is ironic considering his support for app based taxi companies that DO have the availability of these dodgy MoT stations, and is quite frankly laughable in irony.

I think you'll find most of the black smoke being reported on this thread is being attributed to Hackney carriages (taxies) not private hire vehicles.

I think you'll find most of the black smoke being reported on this thread is being attributed to Hackney carriages (taxies) not private hire vehicles.

before you try changing the story and diverting things away from your strawmans...

Would like to know where lots of taxis in Sheffield get them tested!

Easy.. they're called 'pass for cash' garages.

to which I replied that Sheffield taxis are tested by SCC.

Keep up.

btw. Hackneys are tested by SCC too.

No I don't think they should be banned from city centre .