Rotherham Dad loses his kids

The one doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

A slap on the bottom to reprimand bad behaviour, yes. But it sounds like hitting his children is occurring on a very regular basis, and that isn't OK.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 20:23 ----------

I think this is key. Working with the parents has got to be a better way than just dumping the kids into care.

The mother had 'aligned herself' with the father and said she was 'totally convinced' that he posed no risk to the children.

Whilst agreeing he could be 'slightly dogmatic', she said he had never been violent or aggressive.

The judges said

"Sadly, she has put him before her children. She refused to accept any view or opinion that is not his.

It would appears that the judges suffers from the same affliction. Her opinion contradicts the evidence which states that "Smacking does children no harm if they feel loved."

Edited by loraward

Whilst agreeing he could be 'slightly dogmatic', she said he had never been violent or aggressive.

except to his kids:suspect:

The thread was started due to a person having his children taken away from him due to administering a slap.Was there anything that suggested other than this was he negligent to their welfare,are they clothed ,fed,looked after generally well,have a roof over their head.

I read nothing to suggest that this was not the case. Does he drink excessively,take illegal substances,does he rob little old ladies,is he a perenial reprobate .No ,I can`t remember seeing this either.

So other than slapping his child to administer discipline , stop judging him by your standards and concluding he is a tyrant and a nutter. He may have got it badly wrong in trying to set a standard for his kids and who is to say how effective it is.

He may be intransigent to the point of not taking advice. But if not for recent events in Rotherham ,I bet this story would not have been in the Star never mind having children taken away from family.

A typical knee jerk reaction if you ask me.The bloody social services and judiciary acting in a way to be seen as being proactive.

Punishment leaving red marks, concealing a pregnancy, dominating his wife and children.

I think a lot of people would conceal a pregnancy if they feared the authorities were going to confiscate every child you have.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 20:48 ----------

except to his kids:suspect:

The story doesn't mention anything about him being found guilty of violently assaulting his children.

Guest sibon

This thread is ample evidence that we have a long way to go to ensure that our children are safe.

There are an astonishing number of people who seem willing to excuse the actions of a child abuser. Pretty much the same sort of blind eye turning that has caused so many well publicised problems in Rotherham.

This thread is ample evidence that we have a long way to go to ensure that our children are safe.

As long as we have secret childrens courts, the system will be abused by the authorities.

We dont know many facts, and the families names have not been disclosed.

There are an astonishing number of people who seem willing to excuse the actions of a child abuser. Pretty much the same sort of blind eye turning that has caused so many well publicised problems in Rotherham.

I agree its astonishing how many people think the state sponsored abduction of kids form their parents is acceptable.

Nothing in the story suggests that the parents have been found guilty of child abuse, the abuse appears to have come from the council and courts.

Guest sibon
I agree its astonishing how many people think the state sponsored abduction of kids form their parents is acceptable.

Nothing in the story suggests that the parents have been found guilty of child abuse, the abuse appears to have come from the council and courts.

There is absolutely stacks in the report that says that social services are correct. You don't end up in family court for a couple of light taps on the leg. There are very tight regulations about reporting such proceedings too.

I'm pleased that Rotherham Social Services seem to have finally decided to take child protection seriously. You can excuse abusers if you like.

There is absolutely stacks in the report that says that social services are correct. You don't end up in family court for a couple of light taps on the leg. There are very tight regulations about reporting such proceedings too.

I'm pleased that Rotherham Social Services seem to have finally decided to take child protection seriously. You can excuse abusers if you like.

Is there? If there is evidence that he violently abused his kids then he should be tried in a court of law, and if found guilty he should serve time.

The report mentions no such evidence, and if this is all this is all that it takes to loose ones kids then the council is going to run out of places to keep them very quickly.

Guest sibon
Is there? If there is evidence that he violently abused his kids then he should be tried in a court of law, and if found guilty he should serve time.

The report mentions no such evidence, and if this is all this is all that it takes to loose ones kids then the council is going to run out of places to keep them very quickly.

I think that you are misunderstanding what has happened. Social services have acted to protect the interests of the children, not the adults. There has been far too much of the latter in Rotherham for years.

Should they wait until one of the kids gets bones broken, or killed?

For all you know, there might be an assault case currently in progress. It certainly wouldn't be publicised.

In the meantime, two kids in Rotherham are safe and in the care of relatives.

The social services are useless why dont they visit Tinsley and then they can see children being neglected and abused for instance young kids playing in middle of road while their parents do naff all like they dont give a toss or the fact that they get smacked and sworn at latest one was young Europeans age from 5 to 9 climbing out of attic window on roof how dangerous is that I ve seen a lot of things in my time being there do why dont the social services do their jobs properly.