Sheffield Half Marathon 2015 road closures

Interesting difference to this years race; in previous years my friends who have run it have said that town and Ecclesall Road were great, but that the run from and back towards Don Valley was so devoid of spectators that it really became a slog - that boost from cheering crowds can count for a lot!

I've a nasty feeling that by the time I get back to Ecclesall Road the crowds will have gone for Sunday lunch!

How long will it take them to reach the 10 mile mark? I could also take a look at the bottom of Ringinglow Road which is the 3 mile mark, so how long for that?

Just been out for a newspaper and there's lots of big pallets of water bottles this year.

Great support this year. Thanks everybody who turned out!

A little annoyed that a road flagged up as being closed from 8:45 was already shut off before 8:30 when I tried to get through. Luckily I found a work around. The official site had said that closure times were subject to change, so I had made the point of rechecking at around 8:00 this morning, but had still said 8:45.

There was a good atmosphere on Ecclesall road. I was a bit concerned about a few runners near the front at around the 2 mile distance who were already walking - probably set off too fast and blown up. It will have been a long 13 miles for some of them.

Great support this year. Thanks everybody who turned out!

Yes, many thinks to all who cheered us on. It got a bit like the Tour de France, in some places. But even when there was only two or three people in an isolated spot, it was still very much appreciated.

Yes, many thinks to all who cheered us on. It got a bit like the Tour de France, in some places. But even when there was only two or three people in an isolated spot, it was still very much appreciated.

It does make such a difference having people cheering you on especially when, like me, you're a slow and steady plodder!

Brilliant they should run same route every year from now on

Got round Sheffield in my Cab so much better than previous years...Well Done Guys

Brilliant they should run same route every year from now on

Got round Sheffield in my Cab so much better than previous years...Well Done Guys

I should imagine there are plenty who would not agree with that. We were at the top of Dobcroft Road around 40 minutes before the first runner appeared. There was a woman in a car who was not allowed to cross Ecclesall Road despite the fact that she lived in the area between Eccleshall Road and Ringinglow Road. There was NO route whatsoever that she could use to get home until the runners had arrived, passed by and the roads had reopened. That doesn't seem like a well thought out route to me.

It seems there are a large number of homes that are totally surrounded by the route.

I should imagine there are plenty who would not agree with that. We were at the top of Dobcroft Road around 40 minutes before the first runner appeared. There was a woman in a car who was not allowed to cross Ecclesall Road despite the fact that she lived in the area between Eccleshall Road and Ringinglow Road. There was NO route whatsoever that she could use to get home until the runners had arrived, passed by and the roads had reopened. That doesn't seem like a well thought out route to me.

It seems there are a large number of homes that are totally surrounded by the route.

If only the route and road closures were made public months ago. The poor, poor woman...

Lots of hOmes were surrounded by the race up in Dore and Whirlow. Don't those Waitrose jelly babies taste grand?

I think when set against the amount of money raised for charities by people of all ages busting a gut to do something hard and out of the ordinary, a little inconvenience can be managed on one day a year.

I hope that whoever it is is ready in a years time, because everything I've seen and heard is that Sheffield is back, and people are raring to go again next time round.

Maybe they could even come down to town or get out on the route and see many thousands of Sheffield folk out there making the runners welcome and encouraging them on what is a tough, tough course?

What a fab day for the city!!!!!

If only the route and road closures were made public months ago. The poor, poor woman...

Could have been an emergency? There should always be an alternative route for people to get home. Makes you wonder if they would have stopped the runners for emergency services.