Sheffield Half Marathon 2015 road closures

But using a subway isn`t good in a race; that`s why it was altered a few years back.

But using a subway isn`t good in a race; that`s why it was altered a few years back.

I'd assumed it wasn't a good route, otherwise they would probably have used it now. I ran the marathon in the mid 80s, and presumably must have used an underpass in that area at that time, but I don't actually remember doing so.

(As an aside, does anyone have any links to any of the Sheffield Marathon and half marathon routes from the mid 80s, as I'd like some help in remembering the exact routes)

Can you still enter the Sheffield half marathon ?

No - entries are closed.

Good luck to everyone taking part !

Changes to First bus services during the Half Marathon: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/travel_news/service_updates/?item=82791&conf=1

Changes to Stagecoach bus services during the Half Marathon: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5154

Additional early morning Supertram services for the Half Marathon: http://www.supertram.com/latestfromsupertram_8199.html

General information on bus service disruption: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx

Edited by Andy C

Does anyone know how many runners are taking part on this Sunday? Unlike in the previous years, its no where mentioned on the website...

On Radio Sheff today, it said 2000 UP on previous!

I`m looking forward to it now. Should be good to be part of a new chapter of this race. Just gotta get up that hill. I ran down it the other day and that took long enough!!!! :gag:

Good luck to all taking part. I'll be out cheering. That's the best I can do.

Good luck to all taking part. I'll be out cheering. That's the best I can do.

Believe me, when you're a slow plodder like me, having people cheering you on is a massive help!!

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 14:41 ----------

I`m looking forward to it now. Should be good to be part of a new chapter of this race. Just gotta get up that hill. I ran down it the other day and that took long enough!!!! :gag:

I think it was a good move handing it over to the Tomlinson organisation. They have a good track record of running events, and although the new route, with the climb up to the Norfolk Arms, is going to be tough, at least it marks it out as being a completely different event from last years fiasco! Shame they didn't keep Sheffield in the name, but all the runners I know are still calling it the Sheffield Half! Good luck to everyone running.

Believe me, when you're a slow plodder like me, having people cheering you on is a massive help!!

Interesting difference to this years race; in previous years my friends who have run it have said that town and Ecclesall Road were great, but that the run from and back towards Don Valley was so devoid of spectators that it really became a slog - that boost from cheering crowds can count for a lot!