New Tory Welfare Cuts revealed..

I agree but think it works both ways, why should British pensioners who hoiliday in Spain all winter be paid by our government. I'm not on about the ones there for two weeks, but those for 3 to 6 months at a time.

Because for 30-40 years of their lives they have paid National Insurance.

---------- Post added 02-04-2015 at 12:01 ----------

As for not paying pensions, I think there are some people who would happily see pensioners deprived of their pensions

The young who have never worked a proper day in their lives?

As for not paying pensions, I think there are some people who would happily see pensioners deprived of their pensions, which now seems to be considered the same as being 'on benefits.'

Not from where I'm sitting Anna! I worked for 60 years for my pension, and don't take holidays min Spain or anywhere else during the winter.

Class it as a "benefit"? Don't think so - I've bloody earned it!

:):)

I agree, but I think that after the villification of the unemployed, pensioners seem to be next on the hit list. A very dangerous bit of 'divide and conquer'...

I agree, but I think that after the villification of the unemployed, pensioners seem to be next on the hit list. A very dangerous bit of 'divide and conquer'...

You reckon the tories are about to attack pensioners? All the reports I've seen seem to imply that they will get even more protection..

You reckon the tories are about to attack pensioners? All the reports I've seen seem to imply that they will get even more protection..

They need the pensioner vote. Wait until after the election...

Yeah, wait until after the General Election when the tories stop throwing gold bars at them

Yeah, wait until after the General Election when the tories stop throwing gold bars at them

Are you suggesting the tories will win then? Or that Labour will attack the pensioners?

Edited by truman

Are you suggesting the tories will win then? Or that Labour will attack the pensioners?

I said ages ago, back in 2010, the tories will tell fibs about the state of the economy, aided and abetted by rightwing quangos such as the ONS, in time for the 2015. I have also said I hope the tories win, because it hasn't seemed to have sunk into people how bad and dangerous they really are. I wonder how many people who have been adversley affected by tory policies i.e. everyone not a banker, not a large business owner or hight profile celebrity, will still vote for them.

This poxy letter we saw yesterday about 100 firms backing the tories. Well, no surprise there is there. I wonder how many of these businesses are British, how many of their owners/shareholders are entitled to vote, how many of them such as Phillip Green etc, have been squirelling money out of the UK in tax schemes?

I said ages ago, back in 2010, the tories will tell fibs about the state of the economy, aided and abetted by rightwing quangos such as the ONS, in time for the 2015.

I love the way you and other staunch Labour supporters will accept ONS figures when they support your argument but as soon as they report anything that does not, its a right-wing quango :roll:

It's probably more a case of voting for them, because the alternative is the Reds promising to take gold bars away from them, or anyone with any money - and not only that, so he can spend it on Scottish nurses!

That backfired didn't it - it was supposed to try and win the Scottish vote and now he has no chance.

Two generalisations.

The young have never worked...Really. What all of them, a minority, a majority. Maybe truer to say the young have not paid taxes, as they have never been able to earn enough.

have all pensioners worked every day of their lives? majority probably have, but not all have.

They need the pensioner vote.

Damn right they do Anna - there's over four million of us!!!

I apply that to any of the main three parties.

:):)

---------- Post added 02-04-2015 at 16:16 ----------

Stop Mecky? When did they start? I must have been out!

:)