Syria Girl’s Dad On Al Muhajiroun March

To tackle this indoctrination head-on we must:

1. Stop funding faith schools from the government purse. How can teaching that one particular faith is the 'one true faith' ever bring harmony?

2. Teach religion from a social and historical perspective and encourage children to look at the eavailable vidence and make their own conclusions. Emphasise scientific principles and be very clear that evolution is not 'just a theory' and that there is no way the Earth is less than 4.6 billion years old.

3. Stop children from being 'encouraged' to attend madrassas six days a week. I believe there is only a voluntary code of practice in place, they are not inspected and this is where children are being 'taught' the fundementals of Islam and that the segregation of the sexes is normal.

Is anyone surprised? There are a lot of folk in the country that outwardly claim some allegiance to the UK but in private offer financial support to our enemies.

I wouldn't think many people will be surprised.

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 22:19 ----------

Not me.

What surprises me a bit, is how no one (friends, fellow pupils, work colleagues, etc - anyone) 'shopped' any of the family members before the girls went, by then in their late teens.

Reactionary hat on: once a young jihadi is positively ID'd, charterize the whole family to Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan (their choice). British or not. Infants or not.

And publicise heavily, as a goodwill gesture (flights arranged and taxpayer-paid under the Foreign Assistance budget) by the British Gvt to help followers of the more extreme variety of Islam get closer to, and help build, their social ideal.

See how long it takes such proselyte families, now at risk of losing their Western Satanic lifestyle, to mend their ways. If we're not going to out-terrorise the terrorists physically on grounds of decency/human rights/Geneva <etc.>, we can at least try to out-terrorise the would-be terrorists psychologically.

I like this idea.

It amazes me that some posters on Sheffield Forum routinely use the daily mail as a credible source.

It amazes me that some posters on Sheffield Forum routinely use the daily mail as a credible source.

Is the photo of him at an extremist muslim rally not credible evidence?

Is the photo of him at an extremist muslim rally not credible evidence?

Attacking the source is a common trait amongst people that don't like the truth.

It's in the Times and the Express too - either of them credible enough?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4395280.ece

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 10:00 ----------

Attacking the source is a common trait amongst people that don't like the truth.

Perhaps we have uncovered another recruiting agent.

What surprises me that a select committee and police were stupid enough to accept what the parents said. Well it must be true if they say so? The police have obviously not investigated the matter properly. Does that ring a bell?

Has he actually broken any laws here or are people just indignant because he may have a viewpoint that differs from their own?

Has he actually broken any laws here or are people just indignant because he may have a viewpoint that differs from their own?

He has strong, some may say extreme views but unless hes calling for people to be killed or unless hes prepared to kill for his views then hes done nothing illegal that i can see.

I haven't read a post where anyone suggested he broke the law. Folks are just pointing out that the guy claimed he had no idea how his daughter became radicalized and blamed everyone else when she cleared off to Syria, when in reality he was attending meetings with those pushing radical Islam.

Surely the more important issue is why are the UK government along with some other Western and Arab governments carrying out bombings in Syria? These bombings have only increased the violence by IS who then started killing western and arab hostages. What is the end goal of these attacks? First they were supporting the rebels and now Assad.