Banks that accept bad credit

Does anyone know what banks will except you with poor credit and can you open account there and then and what ids you need????

I need a bank account for my wages to go in.

Any bank should accept you, providing you have the appropriate forms of identification.

A Passport or a valid driving license should suffice.

Most banks have a basic account you can open with bad credit, try TSB, you can apply online very quickly and easily, then get an appointment to go and show ID in branch.

Wasn't the government setting up the most basic of bank accounts with the Post Office?

Any bank should accept you, providing you have the appropriate forms of identification.

A Passport or a valid driving license should suffice.

I don't think that is right. Most current accounts have an overdraft facility so they do a credit search.

You will struggle to get a current account.

However, Barclays accept Bankrupt people for there cardcash account. It has all the usual things like visa, direct debits etc.

Lloyds have the same sort of account. You apply online and then take proof to the branch when accepted.

Wasn't the government setting up the most basic of bank accounts with the Post Office?

A friend of mine looked into this the other week before going with TSB, it seemed as though opening a Post Office account (from the info given online at least) required a trip to a Post Office branch in Rotherham, which seemed like a lot of messing around.

Does anyone know what banks will except you with poor credit and can you open account there and then and what ids you need????

I need a bank account for my wages to go in.

Banks do current and basic accounts. Try barclays, co-op or natwest.

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 09:01 ----------

Basic Bank Accounts

Top accounts for poor credit scores

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/basic-bank-accounts

They highlight Barclays and Co-Op.

Ive 3 accounts with natwest. From select to basic. What i find is a basics good for simple transactions. Select you can access an overdraft and draw a bit more cash out. They used to limit basic cards to natwest machines, but lifted it recently. Theres an app where you can withdraw 250 without having a card.

You can use both online. Its £6 to use the od over a tenner

Tbh unless you want an od, a basic is a good option as less fees you have to pay the bank and an easy way to manage money.

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 09:10 ----------

I don't think that is right. Most current accounts have an overdraft facility so they do a credit search.

You will struggle to get a current account.

However, Barclays accept Bankrupt people for there cardcash account. It has all the usual things like visa, direct debits etc.

Lloyds have the same sort of account. You apply online and then take proof to the branch when accepted.

Yep you get scored for current accounts.

Every bank is different and uses different scoring methods. No such thing as bad credit.

Id advise getting on electoral roll as the easiest way to bump up score.

Edited by ubermaus