Blades vs Crewe

On the other side of the coin, maybe some Blades fans need to realise that United are not as good as they are.

1 or 2 "dodgy" results are acceptable but some of the losses you have had this season and the previous ones can't go down to bad luck, lack of passion forever.

Obviously something aint right at the lane when they are losing to the likes of Fleetwood, Crewe etc etc.

I honestly think it's time more fan's were realistic, instead of being blinkered and using a different excuse when they are losing to these sorts...

Once that happens and everyone is in line with the same thinking/plan then you will move on, until then it's a gamble as your previous few seasons have proved (play offs) and this season if you even manage them.

I know I will get shot down for having an opinion (as usual these day's when it comes to United) but I don't think I'm far off...

Completely agree Corks although some fans will not admit , and yes play - off's are not

a foregone conclusion. Owl.

Think the substitutions yesterday were poor. I can only think that Flynn must have been injured to be replaced by Ben Davies. I don't mind Michael Doyle but he could be a great rugby player as he doesn't have a forward pass in him so why put him on after 75 minutes for Baxter when Done, McNulty and Adams were on the bench? He then puts Done on but takes Steve Davies off, strange to say the least in my opinion.

I will renew my season ticket again because I am a Blade but that is on the basis that I firmly believe that Mr Clough will not be there next season as his negative tactics are ruining the club that I love.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 21:10 ----------

Don't think you're far off at all Corks, we are not a good side but then again neither were Fleetwood or Crewe. I really do think that we are too negative and set up too much not to lose - this makes the players nervous to try anything and the winner yesterday shows just what can happen if you actually have a shot!!

To be honest Dot m8 I think Grey has been negative at times this season, but I think you have to be with the tools you have sometimes and in the championship, our clean sheet record shows our negative side.

It's hard to get a balance in a side attacking and defending wise when there are constant changes/injuries which both clubs have suffered with in recent times.

It no coincidence the clubs who do well outside the premiership do it with a tight 18/19 players, it happens all the time.

Loans are in place to tide you along, and are not a solution for any club wanting to move forward and progress and that stands for both sides.

To be honest Dot m8 I think Grey has been negative at times this season, but I think you have to be with the tools you have sometimes and in the championship, our clean sheet record shows our negative side.

It's hard to get a balance in a side attacking and defending wise when there are constant changes/injuries which both clubs have suffered with in recent times.

It no coincidence the clubs who do well outside the premiership do it with a tight 18/19 players, it happens all the time.

Loans are in place to tide you along, and are not a solution for any club wanting to move forward and progress and that stands for both sides.

Yeah but with 8 new players who are used to playing on grass next year will be a breeze.

Think the substitutions yesterday were poor. I can only think that Flynn must have been injured to be replaced by Ben Davies. I don't mind Michael Doyle but he could be a great rugby player as he doesn't have a forward pass in him so why put him on after 75 minutes for Baxter when Done, McNulty and Adams were on the bench? He then puts Done on but takes Steve Davies off, strange to say the least in my opinion.

I will renew my season ticket again because I am a Blade but that is on the basis that I firmly believe that Mr Clough will not be there next season as his negative tactics are ruining the club that I love.

Don't think you're far off at all Corks, we are not a good side but then again neither were Fleetwood or Crewe. I really do think that we are too negative and set up too much not to lose - this makes the players nervous to try anything and the winner yesterday shows just what can happen if you actually have a shot!!

The word lacklustre was coined for Saturdays performance. We simply did not look convincing at any point in that game.

Fair play to Crewe, they came with a game plan and once they got a goal as a result of defending - which was an insult to the term - they always looked the more likely to win it.

The statistics tell a different story, but then statistics often do.

They are fighting for their lives and wanted it more than we did.

How many times did we have the opportunity to shoot and decided to go for one more pass?

Playing one up front is fine away from home, but not exactly inspiring in front of a home crowd particularly when you have two strikers who have 30 goals between them sat on the bench.

!

Loving that quote Dot- may have to pinch it one of these days :)

Sorry for the delay mate but as always, good performance or bad, I thoroughly enjoy your reports.

I'm at a loss as to understand just what is required to instill some of the passion the fans have into the (or some of) the players.

Close to 20,000 at the third home match in a row within a week at todays entrance fees,

that sort of commitment from the fans surely reserves better than the hit and miss that we're being served up at present.

As ever thanks for taking the time G. and I think you and Atticus could easily be the new Saint and Greavsie ... although I'm not prepared to say who is who yet. :hihi: :hihi:

You know that which ever was the better looking would be me! :hihi:

The team need a collective kick up the arris, I am sure they agree.

UTB.

Oy Grappler! Stop knocking the fund raising thread off top spot!! :hihi:

Did mine the same day they came one sale pal, two of them, UTB.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 01:01 ----------

Completely agree Corks although some fans will not admit , and yes play - off's are not

a foregone conclusion. Owl.

Great to see you spending time on yet another SUFC thread, not sure if you were at the game or not?

Did mine the same day they came one sale pal, two of them, UTB.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 01:01 ----------

Great to see you spending time on yet another SUFC thread, not sure if you were at the game or not?[/quote

I didn't know that i had to have permission to go on an SUFC thread.

Always thought the footy section was for anyone and that Grappler

did not have authority to pick and choose and select certain people,

or is it because its a "forum within a forum " and that castleboy is not a member. Owl.

". . . the likes of Crewe". How demeaning can you get. You were beaten fair and square, just as you were (3-0) at Gresty Road last season, though judging by Clough's comments it was everybody's fault other than his, with no word of praise for the opposition.

"Little Crewe" have produced more young players in the past twenty five years who have gone on to play for England than United and Wednesday put together. Clubs like Crewe Alexandra are the future of English football, not some Azarbajan/foreign-owned money-investing "big" club (S6) that will simply import players from abroad. What's wrong with their pitch by the way?

Rant over. Back to our relegation struggle and good luck again in the play-offs.