Cleaning out the drains in Fargate.

I realise that Sheffield Council are always claiming to be poverty stricken despite my personal contribution of £1,860pa in rates. But visiting the city centre today I was shocked to see that SCC had deployed two van loads of policemen to clear out the drains in Fargate! Yes police on their knees with drain rods poking all the gunge out of the drains, must be a quiet week for crime so the Chief Constable decided to give our council a helping hand. One slight issue that they forgot to remove the black matter leaving it in swathes upon the pedestrian precinct. I would guess that it is just a case of 'horses for courses'.

I strongly suspect that the police are searching for evidence, have lost anything?

evidence mate , .......

Saw the same thing outside sheffield tap Saturday afternoon

Three inspection covers up two police vans

Probably something to do with the Royal visit on 2nd April. Last time we had one they inspected the drains like this and then put seals on the covers.

I sincerely apologise for being patronising, I had completely forgotten that we were about to have a Royal Visit for Maundy Thursday and that this exercise would be an essential security measure in this day and age. I suppose that to the innocent all things are innocent.

Mouldy Thursday

Eugh!

So we have to make sure the place is safe for our very own imported royals aka Nazi sympathisers. I think ill be out that day.

I strongly suspect that the police are searching for evidence, have lost anything?

The missing CCTV tapes from the police control room from the day of the Hillsborough Disaster, maybe?

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 02:23 ----------

Probably something to do with the Royal visit on 2nd April. Last time we had one they inspected the drains like this and then put seals on the covers.

Wasn't it Blunkett's wedding, when they were doing this?