Sheffield rd, woodhouse, double yellow lines

Your name, "planner" says it all

There are no hundreds of schools in Sheffield. It is round about almost 100 but you falsely make it sound as if it is more than double that.

If you really had 60 enforcement officers, what are they doing? I see many people who don't care or worry where they park and these 60 officers must be playing cards in the office or perhaps doing some other jobs that are needed.

Then when there is a football match or other big event they go and get the easy ones, but not sort the really bad traffic blockers of Sheffield.

Wrong again.

Go to this page and check the list: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/schools.html

Couple of hundred schools, approaching 300 if you count all educational establishments.

The are a total of 65 CEO's and Senior CEO's.

They have to cover the whole of the day from 7am till late evening on a shift system, so there might be around half that number on duty at any time, covering the whole city.

They patrol the city centre, major routes and permit zones most of the time, but can and do respond anywhere where issues are flagged up to them.

You should report any issues you see to them tel 2736255, Remember they can only enforce where there is a waiting restriction ie a yellow line, clearway, permit bay, bus stop clearway etc

Where exactly are these "bad traffic blockers"?

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 12:39 ----------

It tells you I am a planner by profession. What else were you thinking?

There are no hundreds of schools in Sheffield. It is round about almost 100 but you falsely make it sound as if it is more than double that.

If you really had 60 enforcement officers, what are they doing? I see many people who don't care or worry where they park and these 60 officers must be playing cards in the office or perhaps doing some other jobs that are needed.

Then when there is a football match or other big event they go and get the easy ones, but not sort the really bad traffic blockers of Sheffield.

270 according to this

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/schools.html

But don't let facts stop you.

This place is unbelievable. One minute traffic wardens are the spawn of Satan and accused of ticketing anything that stops and the next minute, they're accused of not doing their jobs.

270 according to this

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/schools.html

But don't let facts stop you.

Thank you cyclone. You are right

The number of schools in Sheffield is not really important here. What does matter is that there are some lazy people who have to get to certain quota and rather do that by throwing the rulebook at people parking at Cineworld or football than go after people parking on double yellows near schools shops or fast food places. They may sometimes try to do that but it is much harder work and more difficult than going after a row of cars parked in a safely and noninterfering way on valley centertainment or some other event.

Thank you cyclone. You are right

The number of schools in Sheffield is not really important here. What does matter is that there are some lazy people who have to get to certain quota and rather do that by throwing the rulebook at people parking at Cineworld or football than go after people parking on double yellows near schools shops or fast food places. They may sometimes try to do that but it is much harder work and more difficult than going after a row of cars parked in a safely and noninterfering way on valley centertainment or some other event.

Why do you insist on posting this rubbish.

It is illegal for Councils to set "quotas" or targets for issuing parking penalties.

Civil Enforcement Officers in Sheffield do not have such quotas / targets and never have.

Are you somehow suggesting that people who are attending the cinema or a football match should be exempt from parking restrictions?

Sheffields CEO's are hard working and are out patrolling the streeets every day, in all weathers. They do a very difficult job and people like you do not make it any easier by posting utterly untrue fabrications like this.

If you put as much effort into actually reporting the issues to Parking Services, you might see some positive results.

Why do you insist on posting this rubbish.

It is illegal for Councils to set "quotas" or targets for issuing parking penalties.

Civil Enforcement Officers in Sheffield do not have such quotas / targets and never have.

Are you somehow suggesting that people who are attending the cinema or a football match should be exempt from parking restrictions?

Sheffields CEO's are hard working and are out patrolling the streeets every day, in all weathers. They do a very difficult job and people like you do not make it any easier by posting utterly untrue fabrications like this.

If you put as much effort into actually reporting the issues to Parking Services, you might see some positive results.

Only reason you get upset is because it clearly appears to have some truth in it.

Sheffield is Sheffield. I don't think parking is a big problem in Sheffield and it does not need more enforcement like the ways of other international cities I have lived and driven. Don't really want any tougher enforcement in Sheffield, it is fine the way it is.

Just want to say you put down yellow lines they will be meaningless unless they are enforced and it is legally a lot harder to do that when someone is in a car sitting at the controls, there are loopholes, excuses.

I'm sure its hard work and have no doubt parking enforcement is happening somewhere in Sheffield.

The Friday and Saturday evening that people park on valley centertainment sidewalk (not right next to the building but from the lights to the parkinglot) is nothing to cry about. Happens only a little on the weekend and does not interfere with others.

Each individual case is different, some are parked illegal and dangerous but others are parked illegal but safely.

To suck the blood out of the ones parked safely but illegal may be legally right but show a childish attitude when many cars and vans in Sheffield ignore double yellow lines with little fear of getting caught.

Only reason you get upset is because it clearly appears to have some truth in it.

Sheffield is Sheffield. I don't think parking is a big problem in Sheffield and it does not need more enforcement like the ways of other international cities I have lived and driven. Don't really want any tougher enforcement in Sheffield, it is fine the way it is.

Just want to say you put down yellow lines they will be meaningless unless they are enforced and it is legally a lot harder to do that when someone is in a car sitting at the controls, there are loopholes, excuses.

I'm sure its hard work and have no doubt parking enforcement is happening somewhere in Sheffield.

The Friday and Saturday evening that people park on valley centertainment sidewalk (not right next to the building but from the lights to the parkinglot) is nothing to cry about. Happens only a little on the weekend and does not interfere with others.

Each individual case is different, some are parked illegal and dangerous but others are parked illegal but safely.

To suck the blood out of the ones parked safely but illegal may be legally right but show a childish attitude when many cars and vans in Sheffield ignore double yellow lines with little fear of getting caught.

I don't know exactly which areas you refer to regarding parking on the sidewalk, but I recall one area. When it is full in the Centertainment car park I usually park on Carbrook Hall Road. On one occasion I had to walk with my young daughter back to the car in the dark. There were cars blocking both pavements on the stretch of road between the little roundabout at the back of Cineworld and Attercliffe Common, (ie behind Toys R Us). It was no fun having to walk in the road with a young girl, dodging the traffic which was assuming the roads were clear, all because some people are so selfish as to just park where it suits them. I was glad to see those cars being ticketed. It might at least cause them to rethink their actions and take a little more care in future.

I can confirm that on this occasion, and a few other similar ones, I've had no problem finding somewhere to park around the Carbrook Hall Road area when the Centertainment car parks are full. I've no sympathy at all for dangerous parkers who get ticketed because they are not prepared to park safely.

Edited by Eater Sundae

Colliers close just off Sheffield road needs double yellows some days you can only just a car through never mind emergency services...

Yesterday in one little journey I counted ten cars on double yellows but traffic moved on and three parked fully on the sidewalk but with enough room for a wheelchair to pass if necessary.

Planner 1 it is not up to me to decide if this is acceptable or not but it is clearly accepted by the council one way or another by not enforcing it.

These cars will be on double yellows and sidewalks again today and tomorrow.

I don't think enforcement is the answer to all problems, but if you make parking rules and don't enforce these rules they become a joke.

Maybe that is the way it should be but then it is a total waste of yellow paint. It may be better and more substantial to put that time and effort in filling potholes.

Yesterday in one little journey I counted ten cars on double yellows but traffic moved on and three parked fully on the sidewalk but with enough room for a wheelchair to pass if necessary.

Planner 1 it is not up to me to decide if this is acceptable or not but it is clearly accepted by the council one way or another by not enforcing it.

These cars will be on double yellows and sidewalks again today and tomorrow.

I don't think enforcement is the answer to all problems, but if you make parking rules and don't enforce these rules they become a joke.

Maybe that is the way it should be but then it is a total waste of yellow paint. It may be better and more substantial to put that time and effort in filling potholes.

You've been given the number to call if you want to report such abuse and request enforcement action. Did you call and report it?

In any large city there will be an ongoing level of abuse of waiting restrictions, because people are people and they will push their luck. The Civil Enforcement Officers enforce the restrictions every day, but they can't be everywhere at the same time. Same goes for the Police, who are the only ones who can enforce obstruction.

If you report issues, CEO's will visit and action will be taken if any contraventions are observed.

Edited by Planner1

You've been given the number to call if you want to report such abuse and request enforcement action. Did you call and report it?

In any large city there will be an ongoing level of abuse of waiting restrictions, because people are people and they will push theri luck. The Civil Enforcement Officers enforce the restrictions every day, but they can't be everywhere at the same time. Same goes for the Police, who are the only ones who can enforce obstruction.

If you report issues, CEO's will visit and action will be taken if any contraventions are observed.

I don't care.

The traffic was moving and the sidewalks were not blocked even for a mobility scooter.

If you want to make work of it do it yourself, I sweep my own road council does not do it for me even when I call so why should I call when I see these cars parked illegal.

You pretend as if these lines do the job, I simply say they don't, that is all. If you want to be scared to get a parking ticket in Sheffield is near a hospital or some other large place with not enough parking capacity.

I don't care.

Cool reply, bro :rolleyes::rolleyes: