How do you combat loneliness?

Thank you, I guess il only know if I can do it when I do, just quite scary

Thank you' date=' I guess il only know if I can do it when I do, just quite scary[/quote']

I used to live on my own. I never felt lonely (too busy) but what you could try is something i used to do. Put the radio on, but not music. A channel such as radio 4. That way it sounds like there are other people chatting away in your home and (interesting topics) while you're in.:)

Go on coach trips - at the weekend if you work Monday to Friday.

I go, sometimes with a friend and neighbour and sometimes on my own, I go antique hunting, have a nice lunch and buy a paper/magazines to read on the coach if I'm on my own.

Always give yourself something to look forward to;)

Schizophrenia's good to have for combating loneliness. There's always someone to talk to ... even if you're by yourself.

Thank you' date=' I guess il only know if I can do it when I do, just quite scary[/quote']

Start now, then when the time comes you will have a support network.

Edited by mad dog

Oh my lordy lord! Lucky you! I wish I was bored....there ain't enough time int day for all the things I'd like to get done!! :hihi:

Get outside, go for a walk!

Go to the cinema!

Read a book!

Campaign for a cause!

Volunteer for summat you care about!

Have a hot bath!

Help a friend!

Go to the sauna!

Phone a friend!

Visit a friend!

Go to the Sculpture park!

Go on holiday!

Watch a film on Netflix!

Surf the web!

Basically - there ain't no such word as bored. Really there isn't :)

or post as many as possiable on internet forum

I'm soon to be living alone but being alone scares me' date=' how do you or others combat this?[/quote']

Its hard. Really hard at times and i wish i could give you an easy answer or even any answer of any use. Ive typed, deleted re-typed and re-deleted. Eventually i bit the bullet and posted. Sorry its probably not much use but i do hope you manage. If you do come up with a solution, please share?

@J's Mum the only thing that can fight loneliness is by not being lonely. Although that sounds elementary, it is actually really difficult for a lot of people. I have neighbours that decided to share a house to combat loneliness, perhaps that is a solution?

I hope you're not one of those who leave wee-i smells on the seats Cressida.:P

Would I ever - I believe you've been banned for that:P

@J's Mum the only thing that can fight loneliness is by not being lonely. Although that sounds elementary, it is actually really difficult for a lot of people. I have neighbours that decided to share a house to combat loneliness, perhaps that is a solution?

Move next to you in Hillsborough? :huh:

You have to find out what interests you and just go for it. If you crave company then find an interest where you will meet people who share that interest. There are hundreds of clubs and associations to cater for all tastes. Have you looked at the 'Sheffield Interests Group? You might find something there that appeals.

I've heard it said that you can be alone even when in a relationship, so I think it is very much a state of mind.

Move next to you in Hillsborough? :huh:

I think both neighbouring houses are full at the moment, but across't road is vacant!