Should voting be restricted to people that work and pay taxes?

Just get rid of postal voting and I'd be happier.

How could this possibly be a good thing?

People will be voting in May, and many vote for what is in their best interests, but should they be able to do that, if they havnt put anything into the system, money.

Wasnt that Maggies idea behind the poll tax?

:o Wow! What type of society have we become? that anyone could even contemplate asking this obscene question.

Her Hiltler would be soooo proud of you.

Lets burn all the books next :roll:

At end of day refusing anyone the right to vote is bad. I believe in a compulsory voting system, where if you don't vote if you get a fine. This would provide a truer reference to democracy to than the current model provides.

So long as there was a "None of the above" option and some sort of action was taken if this option proved the most popular..

So long as there was a "None of the above" option and some sort of action was taken if this option proved the most popular..

Glad you agree! as for people saying people with low intelligence should not vote, I couldn't disagree more. Every one over the age of 18 should be allowed to vote without exception. Policies affect people in different ways, and people with learning disabilities may have been punished through tory policies, or labour may have shut some useful places to them. At end of the day, they are still affected by policy, so there vote is as important as mine.

If we take anyone's vote away, it is a breach of common freedom.

How could this possibly be a good thing?

One quick google of "postal voting fraud" should be enough to show you.