Incident on M1, at Rotherham entrance, around 5.15pm

This was me!!!!! I was the red mini driver going southbound between junction 34 and 33 just after the viaduct!

Luckily I am fine apart from a few cuts and bruises and a lot of neck and back pain but according to the paramedics and the trauma team investigating a suspected broken spine I was a very lucky girl!

I was cut up be a small silver/grey car which fled the scene. If anyone has any information please contact the police, it's scary to think the person responsible saw my car spin and flip over, had no idea if I was dead or alive and still drove off! I'm hoping the person does have a conscience and was just in a state of panic rather just generally not caring.

I would also like to thank the off duty fire officers who stopped to help me before emergency services were on sight, you were all absolutely amazing and I will be trying my best to contact all the relevant authorities to pass on my sincere thanks to how helpful you all were in calming me down and ensuring I was safe.

You were such a lucky girl, really hoping you make a full physical and mental recovery as soon as possible.

People like this is what put me off driving and having my kids in the car. Glad you survived, hope you recover quickly and I really hope the person responsible for this is found.

You cant let yourself think like that although i do totally understand. All you can do is go about your business and live your life and try not to think about others too much. Theres always going to be morons on the road but thats life sadly. Today though with tech the way it is you can equip your car with cameras so if the worst comes to the worst and someone does cause an accident at least theres less chance of them getting away with it.

I came north at about 5.45pm

There was a silver car between junction 33 and 32 southbound on the hard shoulder all smashed up with a person stood next to it.

No police or other cars were there.

Could they have cut someone else up further down the motorway and ended up crashing themselves or another car? Not trying to be detective but just seems coincidental.

And police must have had to go to this as the car was a right mess.

Glad you're ok :-)

Hi everyone,

Feeling particularly sore this morning :-(police came last night and apparently because I'm not dead or don't have broken bones my accident is classed as slight and not really a priority!

The accident didn't happen in an area covered by camera so nothing on there. The police office had got a name in my file of someone who is apparently a witness but he hadn't had chance to phone him.

Frustrating really, from as insurance point of view this is all going down as my fault!

Hi everyone,

Feeling particularly sore this morning :-(police came last night and apparently because I'm not dead or don't have broken bones my accident is classed as slight and not really a priority!

The accident didn't happen in an area covered by camera so nothing on there. The police office had got a name in my file of someone who is apparently a witness but he hadn't had chance to phone him.

Frustrating really, from as insurance point of view this is all going down as my fault!

Surely your insurance company can;t blame you?

if the other party can't be identified then jellys repairs / replacement car will have to come off her own insurance policy. even if the other car can be identified there's no way she can prove that they were at fault. it would be her word against theirs

That's awful! Lets hope they catch who did it.

Police phoned me tonight they've managed to track down the driver that caused me to swerve. The police couldn't tell me how they managed to trace him or anything that he's said all he said was he was going to speak to him tonight.

I understand accidents happen and I'm sure we've all misjudged things in our time I just hope the guy is honest so it can all get sorted as simply as possible.

Edited by jellybellybean

Police phoned me tonight they've managed to track down the driver that caused me to swerve. The police couldn't tell me how they managed to trace him or anything that he's said all he said was he was going to speak to him tonight.

I understand accidents happen and I'm sure we've all misjudged things in our time I just hope the guy is honest so it can all get sorted as simply as possible.

That's great news that they've tracked him down. Hopefully he will admit it was his fault.