2015 Budget by Osborne

Who would have believed in 2010 that our fortunes would be as improved as they now are?

Leading the developed world economically

Nearly 2 million new jobs

Labours deficit halved

the list goes on.

Interesting to note that Silliband was quick into the Bullingdon club attack. Still, to be fair, if you have no policies, you've got to try something.

I see that Grant Schapps created an alias Michael Green to sell his product 'stinking rich'.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/16/grant-shapps-gullible-voters-michael-green-second-job

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/09/grant-shapps-wrote-stinking-rich-guide-boasted-of-two-aircraft-michael-green/

Reminds me of a certain poster on here who likes to create aliases and pretend he's wealthy :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

Who would have believed in 2010 that our fortunes would be as improved as they now are?

Labours deficit halved

the list goes on.

Interesting to note that Silliband was quick into the Bullingdon club attack. Still, to be fair, if you have no policies, you've got to try something.

There will be members of the Bullingdon club along shortly to rebuke your post.

Guest sibon

2 000 000 x 0 = 0.

What a waste of people's lives.

2 000 000 x 0 = 0.

What a waste of people's lives.

I'm sure you have a point to make I'm just not sure what it is?

I'm sure you have a point to make I'm just not sure what it is?

That the state education system is not what it might be.

Actually I doubt Osbourne would have given too much consideration to the folk of this fair city when he drew up his budget.

Actually I doubt Osbourne would have given too much consideration to the folk of this fair city when he drew up his budget.

Who does? Who has done?

From the actual budget document if you take time to read it

"devolving power to Sheffield, including over transport, skills and business support"

"The government is also committing £14 million over two years to invest in an Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC) in Sheffield, which will be a world-leading research centre to design, develop and implement physical activity interventions and products to improve wellbeing. The AWRC will form part of Sheffield’s Olympic Legacy Park and is due to open in 2016"

"To accelerate this growth,

the government will support the development of innovative businesses across the north through an £11 million investment in tech incubators in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. These tech incubators will create thriving local ecosystems by nurturing start ups,fostering collaboration, and providing mentoring, learning and business support:"

"Sheffield ‘Maker Hub’ – £3.5 million government investment to renovate a former Co-Op department store in the Castlegate area"

"£138 million of funding towards the UK Collaboratorium for Research in

Infrastructure and Cities (UKCRIC), subject to a satisfactory business case and the provision of substantial co-funding. The UKCRIC will apply research to ensure that the UK’s infrastructure is resilient and responsive to environmental and economic impacts. It will have hubs in London, and further centres initially in Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton"

"Tech Nation – Building on local strengths, the government will support the development of young, innovative tech businesses through an £11 million investment into Entrepreneur Hubs in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/413949/47881_Budget_2015_Web_Accessible.pdf

Edited by truman

I'd rather live in a country where we all paid more tax and the country felt like it was working. Sure, the rich have got richer over the last five years and businesses are starting to pick up, but there is no trickle down in these economics. We have the money in the country to all live a happy and healthy life in a clean and safe country, but that means businesses and the rich paying a lot more tax and the middle class paying a little more tax... I'd be happy to.

I value society over meaningless figures.

From the actual budget document if you take time to read it

"devolving power to Sheffield, including over transport, skills and business support"

"The government is also committing £14 million over two years to invest in an Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC) in Sheffield, which will be a world-leading research centre to design, develop and implement physical activity interventions and products to improve wellbeing. The AWRC will form part of Sheffield’s Olympic Legacy Park and is due to open in 2016"

"To accelerate this growth,

the government will support the development of innovative businesses across the north through an £11 million investment in tech incubators in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. These tech incubators will create thriving local ecosystems by nurturing start ups,fostering collaboration, and providing mentoring, learning and business support:"

"Sheffield ‘Maker Hub’ – £3.5 million government investment to renovate a former Co-Op department store in the Castlegate area"

"£138 million of funding towards the UK Collaboratorium for Research in

Infrastructure and Cities (UKCRIC), subject to a satisfactory business case and the provision of substantial co-funding. The UKCRIC will apply research to ensure that the UK’s infrastructure is resilient and responsive to environmental and economic impacts. It will have hubs in London, and further centres initially in Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton"

"Tech Nation – Building on local strengths, the government will support the development of young, innovative tech businesses through an £11 million investment into Entrepreneur Hubs in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/413949/47881_Budget_2015_Web_Accessible.pdf

Did you do a find and replace on the word 'London' to replace with 'Sheffield' there? :hihi:

From a first time buyer perspective the budget looks pretty good.

a quarter top up on first time buyer ISA is actually a shrewd move. For pensioners the plans look alright too. Its a 'workers' budget for sure with a few sweeteners like a reduction in beer tax etc. thrown in.

But can you trust the tories to deliver? its really just a 6bn incentive to vote at the next GE. No move on living wage and not too sure about the raising of the tax allowance. What about the NHS?

Still lots of questions that we only get answered after May.

:suspect:

Edited by ubermaus

Labours deficit halved

the list goes on.

Hardly Labours deficit. We had a global financial crisis.

From a first time buyer perspective the budget looks pretty good.

a quarter top up on first time buyer ISA is actually a shrewd move. For pensioners the plans look alright too. Its a 'workers' budget for sure with a few sweeteners like a reduction in beer tax etc. thrown in.

But can you trust the tories to deliver? its really just a 6bn incentive to vote at the next GE. No move on living wage and not too sure about the raising of the tax allowance. What about the NHS? we should be paying more tax not less as thats one of the major issues with this recovery - not enough tax revenue.

Still lots of questions that we only get answered after May.