Who is Susan who wrote in the Sheffield Star

Years ago, in the days when I actually bought the paper, I remember her very frequent contributions to the letters page. I can't recall her surname now. I may be wrong but I had the idea that she wasn't a young woman, so it is just possible that she has died, or have health issues which prevent her picking up her pen.

Surely the Star would know who she was?

Just remembered, I think her name was Richardson.

i thought I read she had died didn't she live at lodgemoor?

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 09:50 ----------

looks like I am wrong as she has just retired from letter writing , sorry susan hope you are well!!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/mobile/news/letters-opinion/i-think-my-letter-writing-days-are-over-it-s-time-to-move-on-1-7131595

i thought I read she had died didn't she live at lodgemoor?

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 09:50 ----------

looks like I am wrong as she has just retired from letter writing , sorry susan hope you are well!!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/mobile/news/letters-opinion/i-think-my-letter-writing-days-are-over-it-s-time-to-move-on-1-7131595

Thanks for that. I know the name now you mention it. My parents used to buy the Star and I remember seeing her name.

Seems like Trolls can write letters too. Shes been getting a lot of flack of late it seems.

She has stopped because of the flack,some are after her coming back,her name is Richardson.

She has stopped because of the flack,some are after her coming back,her name is Richardson.

Susan I Richardson

Susan is a very articulate, caring and person of integrity and it is such a shame that the rubbish she has received from some quarters has forced her to give up her very entertaining letter writing. Lets hope she re considers.

As I remember she is a great dog lover. I once had a letter printed in The Star complaining about dog mess in our area and she came down on me like a ton of bricks.

Edited by Angela P
typo

Susan has opinions on many things and is unfairly criticised for them but the letters page is for people to express an opinion and if you don't agree then you can give your opinion but without insulting someone else when doing so.

We still get stupid letters from EB Warris though.

Susan is a very articulate, caring and person of integrity and it is such a shame that the rubbish she has received from some quarters has forced her to give up her very entertaining letter writing. Lets hope she re considers.

Amen to that,