Parked on Holme Lane yesterday

Parked my silver vw golf on holme lane outside towsure yesterday between 11am and 2pm. Came back to find someone had reversed/driven into the back of my car. Its made a mess of the boot and its got to be an insurance claim and of course I've got to pay the excess. The guilty party must have known they'd hit my car. Just wondered if anyone saw anything.

Are there cameras on there monitoring the trams? Check with Supertram.

Supertram aren't going to look at the CCTV on every tram that would have used the Blue route over a three hour period.

Who said anything about them to look at every tram I said ask them if they had cctv the op has a time scale so can narrow it down and ST will know roughly the times the trams were in that area, also the council might have cameras monitoring the road. Also clutching at any straw is better than losing your no claims and excess costing a load of money.

Who said anything about them to look at every tram I said ask them if they had cctv the op has a time scale so can narrow it down and ST will know roughly the times the trams were in that area, also the council might have cameras monitoring the road. Also clutching at any straw is better than losing your no claims and excess costing a load of money.

He gave a timescale in the OP of three hours. That's eighteen different journeys down that road and eighteen back up it again, using at least eight different trams.

it would be one hell of a coincidence, if a tram was passing just as the damage was being done, BUT you never know.

Parked my silver vw golf on holme lane outside towsure yesterday between 11am and 2pm. Came back to find someone had reversed/driven into the back of my car. Its made a mess of the boot and its got to be an insurance claim and of course I've got to pay the excess. The guilty party must have known they'd hit my car. Just wondered if anyone saw anything.

Any cctv in or on Towsure, worth asking.

it would be one hell of a coincidence, if a tram was passing just as the damage was being done, BUT you never know.

If the car was parked there for 3 hours the footage as the tram passed the car would possibly be able to give before and after damage evidence which would, at least , be able to give an approximate time of when the damage was occurred.

If the car was parked there for 3 hours the footage as the tram passed the car would possibly be able to give before and after damage evidence which would, at least , be able to give an approximate time of when the damage was occurred.

Nobody from Supertram is going to sit there and trawl through a maximum of 36/38 journeys being covered by 8/10 different tram units. That is assuming the data hasnt already been wiped.

Thanks everyone. Have been doing a bit of investigating myself. The damage is quite high on the boot suggesting something bigger than a car. My insurance company is looking into any camera footage as are the police. It seems its called 'failing to stop'. Towsure have been very helpful too. So fingers crossed they find the guilty party. Its really annoying to think i've got to pay an insurance excess just 'cos someone damages my car and does a runner. I've parked on that bit of road for years with no probs. Won't be parking there again.

Sorry to hear this and i know it wont help you now but for the future get a decent rear mounted camera as well as one on the front. They can be wired to run off the battery so they stay recording even after engine has been turned off. Obviously it drains the battery eventually but the drain is so low it will take forever with a decent car battery installed.

Hi SWJWM

Unfortunately as you probably know our CCTV outside of our car park is limited so we haven't seen anything, but if you have anything you need to ask us, please do and we'll do our best to help

Our lorry driver is glad that he was elsewhere at the time so it can't be his fault, but when we did have a minor nudge a while ago he did the decent thing and let insurance companies sort things out. Shame not everyone can do the same...accidents happen but when they do should be owned up to