Fly Spray.. advice wanted please.

I am looking for advice on human safe aerosols that kill flies please.

The entire building can be left unoccupied for a full day if necessary.

As I have none I am not at all concerned about possible effects on animals, birds or fish or come to that the environment as hopefully the product will be used rarely.

I am not concerned about effects on neighbours cats dogs rabbits etc as they are the most likely cause of the flies.

I am aware of non-toxic repellents and how o make them I just want the means to kill insects quckly and safely.

Witty replies are welcomed, as always, but not as much as helpful ones which are needed and I do not need or welcome lectures from well meaning busy-bodies, animal lovers or environmentalists about anything thank you.

or you could always go for a venus fly trap

I am confused as to how you think a dog, cat or rabbit living next door would create flies in your own home.

I am confused as to how you think a dog, cat or rabbit living next door would create flies in your own home.

It doesn't matter if you're confused about it though really.

The OP has already stated that he only wants advice :)

It doesn't matter if you're confused about it though really.

The OP has already stated that he only wants advice :)

This is a public discussion forum, if someone puts potentially inflammatory things in a post he cant expect them to go unmentioned.

I could start a thread saying "I have dry rot in my house, I believe it to be caused by gay disabled Muslims, any advice how to get rid of it", I would hardly expect people to ignore the middle of that statement could I? :D

Edited by Vegas1

Witty replies are welcomed, as always, but not as much as helpful ones which are needed and I do not need or welcome lectures from well meaning busy-bodies, animal lovers or environmentalists about anything thank you.

This is a public discussion forum, if someone puts potentially inflammatory things in a post he cant expect them to go unmentioned.

I Thought you were on the wind up , hence my reply .

You obviously didnt read the OP's full post .... My Bold !

It is still a public forum Mrs Brady, he can't dictate what is and isn't discussed, he doesn't "own" the thread.

Just curious as to why he thinks that is causing the flies.

Here's the info you need Vegas1 http://www.rentokil.co.uk/wet-dry-rot/

See, ignored everything you said and just gave you the info requested, easy.

As for the OP.

Sprays are usually good and those sticky but horrible looking paper traps.

Keep doors and windows shut if possible, if not use some kind of screen over them.

Keep all bins with food waste in closed and no foods left out, including fruit and make sure there's no pots in the sink.

Its just about keeping on top of it, you'll find it difficult to totally keep them out.

Pesky things.

Edited by xdbx

Maybe not widely available as a spray as such, but a radio isotope such as technetium-99 (widely available from British Nuclear Fuel branches) is pretty good at dealing with fleas and suchlike ... I find a high dosage most efficacious.

For more stubborn airborne pests (plus cats, dogs, horses, fish, plant-life etc) you can't beat good old uranium-235. Unlike the predominant uranium-238 isotope, it has the added bonus of being fissile, so after the initial 'squirt' pretty much all living things (including flies) within a fifty or sixty mile radius are rendered fairly dead (it's best to stand well back whilst using this, I find).

If you do use this, dispose of it responsibly after use ... only the black wheelie bin please.