Honda Car Service

Hi

Does anyone know anywhere that services Honda's with genuine parts. Preferably in Sheffield/ north Derbyshire?

Gilders want £215 for the first service, for an oil and filter change apparently.

Thanks

Halford Auto Centres and most garages if you request them to use genuine parts will do

Check what the contract states. Some state services have to be done at authorised dealers otherwise the warranty is invalidated.

You can often get deals on services or buy several in front for a reduced price. Use them as a bargaining tool when buying the car.

No car Company can void your warranty for not using the dealer network. This is a big misconception. What you need to do is the vehicle serviced in accordance to the manufacturer spec with genuine parts. Halfords do this frequently

Try GP Autos, S6 area, they use genuine parts for warranty servicing. 0114 2344500

No car Company can void your warranty for not using the dealer network. This is a big misconception. What you need to do is the vehicle serviced in accordance to the manufacturer spec with genuine parts. Halfords do this frequently

It affects the price you can command for re sale too, especially if you want to do a part ex with the dealer who may insist on certain garages being used for the service.

I have bought and sold several cars in the last few years as we both have a private car and a company car each. When selling company cars its much easier to do a part ex with the dealer. If yours is a private car then it won't matter so much. It also depends on how old the car is. If its an older car then having it serviced at any reputable garage isn't going to make much difference to the re sale value.

I always ask about servicing intervals and price when buying the car. If I can't afford or am not willing to pay that much then I wouldn't buy the car. It hasn't been such an issue the last ten years, As I said, you can include the servicing in the deal when you buy the car or buy several services at reduced cost. I have just been given three years free servicing with my car. It was supposed to be an offer for private buyers only but we got it for the company car.