The Decline Of Sheffield City Centre

This has to be an indictment of the city councillors mismanagement and corruption

I'd be interested to know upon what you base your allegations of corruption. If you'd like to post them on an open forum, or even send me details via pm, then I'd be quite happy to initiate an investigation. Details of names, dates, amounts, etc., will do.

Alternatively, a public apology would be welcome.

Our nearest neighbours of comparable size:

Manchester - £3/hour

Leeds - £3/hour

Derby - £2.20/hour

Nottingham - £2/hour

Sheffield's £2/hour doesn't look expensive to me when compared against our neighbours.

Some of our neighbours have Harvey Nics, Jacks Wills, Hollister. Sheffield has Blue INC.

Some of our neighbours have Harvey Nics, Jacks Wills, Hollister. Sheffield has Blue INC.

Good for them, maybe ...

I'd be interested to know upon what you base your allegations of corruption. If you'd like to post them on an open forum, or even send me details via pm, then I'd be quite happy to initiate an investigation. Details of names, dates, amounts, etc., will do.

Alternatively, a public apology would be welcome.

We were expecting an investigation into how Sheffield City Council gave away £50million of airport and land to a private business for free.

You may remember that Lord Muck of Hunters Bar promised us this investigation when he was campaigning, then promptly U-turned on that promise when he got into power.

I'd be very grateful if you'd investigate that for us, please.

Lord Muck of Hunters Bar, that's him :|

We were expecting an investigation into how Sheffield City Council gave away £50million of airport and land to a private business for free.

You may remember that Lord Muck of Hunters Bar promised us this investigation when he was campaigning, then promptly U-turned on that promise when he got into power.

I'd be very grateful if you'd investigate that for us, please.

Lord Muck of Hunters Bar, that's him :|

This link to 2008 may give you a clue, http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3464820&postcount=481 There is a quote from the Star "The report was drawn up weeks after a meeting of Sheffield Airport Consultative Committee where Mr Horne revealed flights to Belfast averaged 65 per cent full. It was approved by the then Liberal Democrat cabinet."

It was approved by the then Liberal Democrat cabinet."

Thanks for that.

Lord Muck indeed :roll:

At least we can't blame our Labour council for that financial cockup!

Thanks for that.

Lord Muck indeed :roll:

At least we can't blame our Labour council for that financial cockup!

Why not, everyone else does.

Remember, no matter who you vote for, the council always get in

Why not, everyone else does.

Remember, no matter who you vote for, the council always get in

Perhaps we should all vote Conservative:hihi:.

Perhaps we should all vote Conservative:hihi:.

If they actually put up a decent local candidate that lives in the area, rather than shoving a gormless-looking patsy from t'other side of the country into an unwinnable seat, then I would at least consider it.

If they actually put up a decent local candidate that lives in the area, rather than shoving a gormless-looking patsy from t'other side of the country into an unwinnable seat, then I would at least consider it.

That is what all the party's do .

Any local who tries to stand is soon put down the pecking order so as the trained lap dogs get the seats in Westminster.

That is what all the party's do .

Any local who tries to stand is soon put down the pecking order so as the trained lap dogs get the seats in Westminster.

Which shows complete contempt for the electorate. Another reason there's so much voter apathy.

Which shows complete contempt for the electorate. Another reason there's so much voter apathy.

One candidate in Dewsbury [baroness Wassy or summat like that ] was asked to stand by both labour and Conservative because she was a Pakistani, she chose Conservatives as it seemed the best way to enhance her bank account.

It worked.