Local Junior Football team withdraws after papers report heavy loss

This is a joke surely. I was useless at sports always the last person to be picked for a football team in PE. The player they felt sorry for when we played against other clubs. Did I complain and winge nope. I just packed in PE as soon as I could and did something else. Of course papers are going to publish a 37-0 loss. I find it interesting the comment

"These players are just young kids who want to have a kick about and aren't bothered about winning they just loved playing with mates and have fun."

Contradicted by this sentence "but i think the added pressure of it being in papers their school mates see and read the embarrassment out weighs the joy of football,which considering most are just 11 and 12years old is very saddening."

In football there are winners and losers. Its the nature of the beast. If they dont like it they should find something else to do like I did when I was that age.

37 nil or 137 nil, why on earth does it matter. That's the big problem these days, little billy and his mates are not allowed to be failures, at any thing. Get them back on the pitch, tell them to man up and get stuck in, it will benefit them in the long run.

Oh, and the wazzok who pulled them from the league, he/she needs to man up also and get a grip.

Angel1.

Can't really continue to be in the league if you're down to 7 or less players...

The fact that the individual kids quit is the problem, the club had no choice but to withdraw.

When I used to coach junior rugby,if I remember correctly,there was a rule that said if one team got 50pts in front then that was the end of the game..it didn't stop teams getting well beaten but it did limit the amount they could lose by.. is this a reasonable compromise?

When I used to coach junior rugby,if I remember correctly,there was a rule that said if one team got 50pts in front then that was the end of the game..it didn't stop teams getting well beaten but it did limit the amount they could lose by.. is this a reasonable compromise?

There are similar rules in youth (and amateur) cricket. Players have a fixed number of overs to bat in (or a max score) so that kids aren't sitting around while an opener smashes 100.

Loosing is a life skill everyone needs to master. No one can win at everything. Or win all the time.

If they dont think they are good enough thats fine like I did resign and find something they are good at. Not everyone is good at sports But just dont winge and blame the papers.

Loosing is a life skill everyone needs to master. No one can win at everything. Or win all the time.

If they dont think they are good enough thats fine like I did resign and find something they are good at. Not everyone is good at sports But just dont winge and blame the papers.

If you're referring to the rugby side of things..no-one is prevented from losing..the issue is one of keeping the kids interested in the game...neither side gains anything from a huge drubbing..the junior rugby rule stops it from demoralising the losers too much..they may be losing this year but next year is a different thing..maybe they'll stick at it and improve...the idea is to try to keep kids in the game...nothing wrong with that in my eyes anyway..

The coaches at this club need to take a hard look at themselves. My son played for this club last season. Its not just down the press at all. Funny how at the beginning of last season they had a full squad of players but when my son had enough only 7 or 8 would turn up for a match. I've known only 3 players turn up for training.

This season guess what?? Started with a full squad of players only 9 turned up for the 0-37 thrashing.

Kids football lges are hard as I don't think teams are in right divisions for a start. but main thing is win ,lose or draw kids should be enjoying it and having fun while learning at same time. that's not always the case with some teams .