F1 2015 Megathread

Hope Hamilton has been and picked his toys up by now.

Well Malaysia was a much better race than the first (though not difficult of course!).

I think Vettel's win might be a bit of a one off, wrong strategy from Lewis's team really. The safety car must cause a right head-ache for the person who has to make quick decisions.

I don't mind though if there is more competition at the front. I'm not sure about Rosberg. He looks like he doesn't want to be there anymore (I mean racing in general rather than just at Merc). He seems incredibly unpopular and obviously knows it. I feel a bit sorry for him. I think they should have looked for someone else.

Perhaps Red Bull have got the right idea with Torro Rosso. Sainz and Verstappen looks pretty interesting newbies.

Well Malaysia was a much better race than the first (though not difficult of course!).

I think Vettel's win might be a bit of a one off, wrong strategy from Lewis's team really. The safety car must cause a right head-ache for the person who has to make quick decisions.

I don't mind though if there is more competition at the front. I'm not sure about Rosberg. He looks like he doesn't want to be there anymore (I mean racing in general rather than just at Merc). He seems incredibly unpopular and obviously knows it. I feel a bit sorry for him. I think they should have looked for someone else.

Perhaps Red Bull have got the right idea with Torro Rosso. Sainz and Verstappen looks pretty interesting newbies.

Rosberg just does not seem with it at all and I think the aftermath of last season has hit him. I also think he benefited a fair bit from team advice about how to drive during a race and since that was banned it has affected the way he races in my view.

I reckon Seb's win (although well deserved) was a fluke. The other teams need to rely on mistakes made by Mercedes - either strategy, on-track fighting, or reliability - in order to win.

BBC just went on and on and on about Seb being "back" and Mercedes now being on the back foot. I love how they make these wild predictions based on just one race.

It was like the pre-recorded interview they had with Jenson Button, about how McLaren would improve this race......

Interesting to see how Hamilton and Rosberg acted on track though. Nico took it in his stride, but Hamilton spat his dummy out "don't speak to me on the corners, man". Aw, can't you drive and listen at the same time Lewis? :)

I reckon Seb's win (although well deserved) was a fluke. The other teams need to rely on mistakes made by Mercedes - either strategy, on-track fighting, or reliability - in order to win.

I reckon Mercs' tyre strategy is what did for them on Sunday..why did they need to use the mediums for first round qualifying?

I am not too sure it was a mistake using the tyres in the second qualifying session as at the last pit stop Rosberg had the softer tyre on and was catching Lewis and Seb at over 2 seconds a lap also setting the fastest lap of the race and he would have caught up with Lewis with quite a few laps to go and then then he settled for third, but it as taken all the pressure off of Mercedes from other teams !

BBC just went on and on and on about Seb being "back" and Mercedes now being on the back foot. I love how they make these wild predictions based on just one race.

It was like the pre-recorded interview they had with Jenson Button, about how McLaren would improve this race......

Interesting to see how Hamilton and Rosberg acted on track though. Nico took it in his stride, but Hamilton spat his dummy out "don't speak to me on the corners, man". Aw, can't you drive and listen at the same time Lewis? :)

To be fair they usually time their radio messages for when the driver is on the straight. Also he was getting chatter unrelated to him over the radio. I can imagine that's annoying when you are trying to concentrate in the corners.

Ironic as over the years people love Kimi getting annoyed over the radio but with Lewis it's seen as spitting your dummy out. Maybe it's Kimi's accent? :)

To be fair they usually time their radio messages for when the driver is on the straight. Also he was getting chatter unrelated to him over the radio. I can imagine that's annoying when you are trying to concentrate in the corners.

Ironic as over the years people love Kimi getting annoyed over the radio but with Lewis it's seen as spitting your dummy out. Maybe it's Kimi's accent? :)

Yeah either way I don't think it's spitting dummy out. Concentration at that level especially on corners must be huge. I think they're just being succinct and to the point.

The only time I'd want to be interrupted when going around a corner at 160 is if it was to say something quite important. If he was on the last corner and they noticed one of his tyres deflating, then shouting come in come in, I would consider to be quite important.

Ah, the old "Leave me alone" & "I know what I'm doing!"

Wasn't that also in the same race where he got lost?

Thought I would mention another driver today complained about their team talking to them in the corners. I suppose they were just spitting their dummy out as well? :)

Speaking of spitting their dummy out it's Nico doing that this week. He has been making out Lewis was was backing him into the Vettel on purpose. Even though Lewis was just saving tires/fuel and went faster when the team asked him to.

Now that situation in itself is bizarre, if Lewis is going slower then why not go for the overtake Nico...? Everyone else had no trouble overtaking.

Its really good of McLaren to fill the vacant spot left by Caterham, by not proceeding past Q1 and sitting at the back of the grid with Marussia!

Quite embarassing for Alonso. Will he stick out a season? I have a feeling we're going to be seeing Kevin Magnussen back on track.

Loved Kimi's dig "Get those slow cars [McLarens] out of my way".

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 12:03 ----------

Ungallant F1 ace Lewis Hamilton under fire for spraying helpless hostess in the face with champagne after winning Chinese Grand Prix

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3037263/Stick-cork-Lewis-Formula-One-ace-Lewis-Hamilton-sprays-hostess-girl-face-champagne-winning-Chinese-Grand-Prix.html

1) This has been happening for years.

2)

Object, which campaigns against sexism, said he should apologise for his 'selfish and inconsiderate' actions

Erm, what are the women there for, other than just eye candy? They serve no purpose.

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 14:37 ----------

Good race Sunday. Nice to see a bit of challenge from Ferrari and a well deserved (and surprising) podium for Kimi. I expected to see Seb second or third and Kimi 4th.

Really getting fed up with the way BBC are over egging the Hamilton - Rosberg story though. The opening sequence was just a load of old crap.

Edited by alchresearch

Well Barcelona goes down as the most boring race of the season so far. I have always thought the Spanish GP is much better for bikes than F1.

Rosberg was cruising but I think Lewis given a different start and minus a dodgy pitstop he would have won that.