Crystal Peaks - A parking nightmare

It is always good to have a pop at the council but maybe just a little blame could be given to the owners of Crystal Peaks.

Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre is owned by BT Pension Scheme Trustees Ltd administered by:

Hermes Property Asset Management,

Lloyds Chambers,

1 Portsoken Street,

London, E1 8HZ

I'll have a day off work then to do the shopping!

Can you not go after work like normal folk do?

Can you not go after work like normal folk do?

What on earth is "normal" about wanting to spend a couple of hours driving to and walking round a shopping centre after a long day at work?

Sounds like insanity to me!

there are other sainsbury's around

I took that decision 3 years ago and have been to Asda or Morrisons since then!

I'll have a day off work then to do the shopping!

Go at 4pm on a Saturday, I said don't go at peak times not on peak days alternatively you could go Sunday morning if you are not too busy moaning about Saturday's on here.

Go at 4pm on a Saturday, I said don't go at peak times not on peak days alternatively you could go Sunday morning if you are not too busy moaning about Saturday's on here.

Do the shopping at Asda or Morrisons for everything else there is Meadowhall - problem solved :)

I did go past on a Sunday morning, and the roads were still congested.

Other than skipping work to go shopping, or go on an already-busy weekend, does anybody have any sensible suggestions?

Do the shopping at Asda or Morrisons for everything else there is Meadowhall - problem solved :)

Best answer so far.

Crystal Peaks now have some of the biggest retail names in the country, it is no longer the community shopping center it used to be when it opened, people will travel from much further to visit, not providing parking is a massive massive failure.

& regarding the tram been nearby - not an option if you intend doing the weekly shop at Sainsburys!

A Sainsburys and a Gregs... Living the dream!

:hihi:

A Sainsburys and a Gregs... Living the dream!

:hihi:

lol, I was thinking more of the Next and M&S

Yesterday, was also there but arrived early. By the time we came out was the worst I've ever seen. Have also tried Sunday mornings - need to get there by 9.30 at which time shops not properly open - but browse time means you can do Sainsburys and be at the till for 10.00 opening. After 10.00 parking is becoming horrendous. Best solution - if you do a £100 weekly shop then have a Sainsbury's delivery - for free Monday, Tues, Wed or Thurs after 2.00pm and then take the kids out for some fresh air at weekends. Tried it, works well.

A big part of the problem is people parking at peaks and getting on the tram into town.

Many people use the bottom car park and board the tram into the city, I've watched them do it. Why not make a 60p per hour charge for car parking similar to which is used at the Priory Centre at Worksop. ANPR camera's clock you in and out, stay over your time and its £100 charge. That would stop the tram commuters which I believe is a large percentage of the problem.

It will only get worse when they start on the new Drakehouse development