Matrix message on parkway tonight

Well thats my sandwich in the bin.

I'll notify the council may be they could change the matrix to announce that :hihi: nothing worse than a half eaten sandwich :hihi:

Why not save tax payers money and electricity (and so pollution from the power station) by switching off these pointless messages, and saving the energy being used to power the matrix boards.

SCC has massive budget cuts so powering signs for purposes that they arent installed for, displaying messages which are going to have no effect on anyone, isnt the best use of funds.

Also the council property in millhouses park i believe it is (dont know that end of sheffield but its up there somewhere) had the heating blaring out over the Christmas period all day and night, when there were no workers in there for at least 10 days!!!

Lead from the front SCC?

Youre saying then that the power used to run these matrix is power that has zero emissions and has no detrimental effect on the environment? If so is that the same power source used to run the ever increasing number of traffic lights? They mostly run 24/7 and suck up power continually even when no ones on the roads.

Where did I say that? Do remind me.

The newer traffic signals are LED based too, so don't cost much to run.

The government don't like the idea of traffic lights running part-time, so they have to be on 24/7.

And, while we are at it, there is no time of the day when there is no-one on the roads.

I wasnt saying you did. The question mark means it was a question.

This is the problem getting your point across sometimes. Some don't even read the thread before... ...how was it put?... ...ah yes frothing at the mouth lol:hihi:

There maybe not at be lot agree with us WeedNoMore but they fall down every-time the sheep try to make a point.

This is the problem getting your point across sometimes. Some don't even read the thread before... ...how was it put?... ...ah yes frothing at the mouth lol:hihi:

There maybe not at be lot agree with us WeedNoMore but they fall down every-time the sheep try to make a point.

Hmm, its beginning to look that way and thats a shame. Not reading peoples posts properly then jumping to conclusions isnt helpful the debate one bit and just makes people feel frustrated because its almost as though they do it deliberately.

I noticed he Planner answered practically nothing that i put to him too.

Why ask a question where the answer was obviously no?

Why ask a question where the answer was obviously no?

It was a rhetorical question you would have to be a compete plank to think the traffic lights etc would run on zero emissions. It Costs money that was his point :rolleyes:

It was a rhetorical question you would have to be a compete plank to think the traffic lights etc would run on zero emissions. It Costs money that was his point :rolleyes:

Thank you :)

The newer traffic signals are LED based too, so don't cost much to run.

The government don't like the idea of traffic lights running part-time, so they have to be on 24/7.

And, while we are at it, there is no time of the day when there is no-one on the roads.

Telling porkies again Plainer

Some traffic lights in Sheffield are only on at peak times - for example, ones on roundabout approaches

Telling porkies again Plainer

Some traffic lights in Sheffield are only on at peak times - for example, ones on roundabout approaches

He clearly meant the ones that operate full time currently. The part time ones are turned off for traffic flow reasons, rather than for saving electric.

But, I'm sure you knew that ;)

If it encourages less uninformed diesel car purchases I'm all for it.

Far too many people are being misled by motor traders and dealers that a diesel car is the bees knees - £20 (or even £0) road "tax", inflated MPG figures, and no mention of DPFs, whose estimated lives are shortened drastically by local driving. Not to mention the gummed up EGR valves.

I watched a programme a few months ago, I think it was called "the great diesel con" or summat along those lines. Maybe others on here watched it.

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 20:38 ----------

...and the other 30% are caused by statisticians

And the other 30% is dodging rare newts trotting across the road.:P

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 20:39 ----------

The messages on the boards are about emissions which come from Transport, not anything else, like power generation.

The signs are not "sucking up electricity 24/7", they only use any when they are switched on, which is only when there is something to say.

The signs were funded by the EU, all the Council pays for is maintenance and the electricity. Most major cities have such signing.

So they're funded by the British taxpayer via the EU.