Matrix message on parkway tonight

I think that 40% of road traffic accidents are caused by disabled gay Muslims.

...and the other 30% are caused by statisticians

I agree totally unfortunately i got sidetracked. The matrix boards are a total waste of money sucking up electricity 24/7 and only ever giving the odd bit of useful info. What a waste of money and proves the council is full of **** when they say they are trying to cut emissions and the other lies they peddle. Unless they are solar powered im guessing someone has to pick up the tab to run the councils new toys?

The messages on the boards are about emissions which come from Transport, not anything else, like power generation.

The signs are not "sucking up electricity 24/7", they only use any when they are switched on, which is only when there is something to say.

The signs were funded by the EU, all the Council pays for is maintenance and the electricity. Most major cities have such signing.

The messages on the boards are about emissions which come from Transport, not anything else, like power generation.

Youre saying then that the power used to run these matrix is power that has zero emissions and has no detrimental effect on the environment? If so is that the same power source used to run the ever increasing number of traffic lights? They mostly run 24/7 and suck up power continually even when no ones on the roads.

The signs are not "sucking up electricity 24/7", they only use any when they are switched on, which is only when there is something to say.

The signs were funded by the EU, all the Council pays for is maintenance and the electricity. Most major cities have such signing.

When they are switched on only when there is something to say, Say something useful

Funded by the EU? Paid for by us. Not the Council.

The council are very good at spending our money. Just a shame its not put to good use.

If it was attached to their own personal electric meter I think it may come on only when necessary.

When they are switched on only when there is something to say, Say something useful

Funded by the EU? Paid for by us. Not the Council.

The council are very good at spending our money. Just a shame its not put to good use.

If it was attached to their own personal electric meter I think it may come on only when necessary.

Not useful to who, you?

Those tiny LED lights must be costing us all a fortune, eh? I heard the Drax power station was now generating electricity solely for the Sheffield matrix signs :D

The sign has changed today to give out information about forthcoming football matches. I hope they are billing the football team for the cost of the electricity and for the publicity!

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:33 ----------

100% agreement would be boring, I'll give you that.

I does however concern me that a sign at the side of the road that is meant to distract you to give information as to the driving conditions, is used for pointless statistics and messages that doesn't make the road safer.

It also concerns me that some people don't think this way.

I really hope for everyone to be safe out there on our busy roads.

Meant to distract you now, wow, I didn't know that was part of the design brief.

Those tiny LED lights must be costing us all a fortune, eh? I heard the Drax power station was now generating electricity solely for the Sheffield matrix signs :D

I would imagine the council will be increasing council tax to fund these power hungry devices ;)

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:39 ----------

The sign has changed today to give out information about forthcoming football matches. I hope they are billing the football team for the cost of the electricity and for the publicity!

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:33 ----------

Meant to distract you now, wow, I didn't know that was part of the design brief.

In all fairness, judging by the amount of frothing at the mouth he is doing on here about the issue, I suspect that's the distraction. All that frothing must play havoc with his line of sight :)

I would imagine the council will be increasing council tax to fund these power hungry devices ;)

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:39 ----------

In all fairness, judging by the amount of frothing at the mouth he is doing on here about the issue, I suspect that's the distraction. All that frothing must play havoc with his line of sight :)

So you missed the point, that's ok. Guess being lead around is better than thinking for yourselves but it's not for me.

Maybe it should say "look at me i'm a sign" or "stupid driver approaching" or "You could have provided a child with a foster home if you hadn't bought me" lol

Be safe out there

Edited by mad dog

Are you still here?

Not for long got to work . Been good thrashing it out though. :)

Not for long got to work . Been good thrashing it out though. :)

Well thats my sandwich in the bin.