Matrix message on parkway tonight

Of course, a message warning that [insert name of road] is closed this weekend could also be a "distraction"

If it encourages less uninformed diesel car purchases I'm all for it.

Far too many people are being misled by motor traders and dealers that a diesel car is the bees knees - £20 (or even £0) road "tax", inflated MPG figures, and no mention of DPFs, whose estimated lives are shortened drastically by local driving. Not to mention the gummed up EGR valves.

If it encourages less uninformed diesel car purchases I'm all for it.

Far too many people are being misled by motor traders and dealers that a diesel car is the bees knees - £20 (or even £0) road "tax", inflated MPG figures, and no mention of DPFs, whose estimated lives are shortened drastically by local driving. Not to mention the gummed up EGR valves.

I agree with this, but then in my opinion everybody should seriously consider what they need a car for and what type is best suited for that use, regardless of the badge and so on. Too many people buy new cars because of irrelevant factors because they are ill informed.

Very true. On our car forum we've got a whinger who paid £1000 for a diesel from the auctions which had an engine management light on and is in limp mode.

No service history whatsoever, and mileage and age right at the average time the car needs a new particle filter, glow plugs and additive tank topping up. Peugeot RRP £500.

So he starts slating Peugeot and the French, ignornamus.

Of course, a message warning that [insert name of road] is closed this weekend could also be a "distraction"

I see where your going, however the signage that was displayed at the time was unnecessary to the quality of my driving and distracts from the task ahead.

sorry if you feel this is acceptable but I hope no one gets injured by a distracted driver just because someone is telling you how to live your life. Like i said there are more appropriate forums ie, TV, Radio, News papers, social networking, MP's, EMP's, Post, or even in you licensing renewal, all available to the authorities to raise and or discuss the issue with no potential of loss of life.

I see where your going, however the signage that was displayed at the time was unnecessary to the quality of my driving and distracts from the task ahead.

sorry if you feel this is acceptable but I hope no one gets injured by a distracted driver just because someone is telling you how to live your life. Like i said there are more appropriate forums ie, TV, Radio, News papers, social networking, MP's, EMP's, Post, or even in you licensing renewal, all available to the authorities to raise and or discuss the issue with no potential of loss of life.

You must be crashing your car all the time then to look at those advertising hoardings along the road.

You must be crashing your car all the time then to look at those advertising hoardings along the road.

No Mate, I try to keep my eyes on the road whilst driving. don't want to lose my 19yrs NCB however my insurance goes up at least £30 per year maybe the reason is everyone else is crashing looking at those signs as per your comment.

No Mate, I try to keep my eyes on the road whilst driving. don't want to lose my 19yrs NCB however my insurance goes up at least £30 per year maybe the reason is everyone else is crashing looking at those signs as per your comment.

Any evidence to suggest this?

The messages on the VMS signs are part of a wider campaign, there are posters on the backs of buses and civic information signs etc.

You may feel that the messages are unnecessary, but others clearly disagree. The messages are promoting a debate, which is good.

Using the signs for displaying these kinds of message is allowed under government guidance. They are a sign like any other and you ought to be able to read them and take in the information without it distracting you from making safe progress. You safely read and take in the information from many signs on every journey you make. Why are these any different?

The messages on the VMS signs are part of a wider campaign, there are posters on the backs of buses and civic information signs etc.

You may feel that the messages are unnecessary, but others clearly disagree. The messages are promoting a debate, which is good.

Using the signs for displaying these kinds of message is allowed under government guidance. They are a sign like any other and you ought to be able to read them and take in the information without it distracting you from making safe progress. You safely read and take in the information from many signs on every journey you make. Why are these any different?

The information is not necessary, maintained by us paid for by us and causes animosity the very fact that this is a debate shows this. I have no problem with road traffic information. Anything that could make our journey safer, avoid congestion and collisions is good in my book.

If Big brother, namely SSC feels it is necessary to inform the public of a potential hazards regarding pollution and fuel types then surely they should be giving all the information so that we can make informed choices and not give byte size bits of info. THIS DISTRACTS DRIVERS.

How do i know this you might ask. Because if it didn't we wouldn't be discussing if not it would we?

19 years ncb yet your insurance keeps going up? Youre doing something wrong then. Mine has never gone up it has always got cheaper. Last year it went down by almost 33% :D

19 years ncb yet your insurance keeps going up? Youre doing something wrong then. Mine has never gone up it has always got cheaper. Last year it went down by almost 33% :D

You'd think so wouldn't you. Yep £30 this year. Up from £180 to £210 on a vaxhall 1.9 cdi estate. talk about rip-off.