Matrix message on parkway tonight

It seems as though our Council is now jumping on the Greens policy and are trying to tell us what kind of car we should now drive.

It seems as though they are recommending we now ditch the diesel and replace it with the latest Eco car at a cost of many thousands of pounds, A cost that most people who vote for this Council cannot afford.

The ironic thing about all this is that only a few years ago the same air sniffers were telling us to buy diesels as they were more environmentally friendly.

Big brother ?

The ironic thing about all this is that only a few years ago the same air sniffers were telling us to buy diesels as they were more environmentally friendly.

Big brother ?

Nothing ironic about it at all. Technology moves on as does recommendations/advice.

Paranoia is usually stagnant though.

Any link for this?

The information signs around the inner ring road and main arterial roads in the city centre.

This kind of message really annoys me too. I'm NOT one of those people who has a new car every other year. I usually buy a used car that will be reliable and last for ten years if required.

My current car is a Diesel and I intend to keep it for several more years.

And what's more keeping a car for many years is much better for the environment than buying a new one every two years as the emissions created when manufacturing a new car are vastly more than those caused by an old car driving 100,000 miles.

I'm sorry if that does not suit the car industry or the government who hope to charge me more tax, but I would much rather sped my money on other things.

The information signs around the inner ring road and main arterial roads in the city centre.

This kind of message really annoys me too. I'm NOT one of those people who has a new car every other year. I usually buy a used car that will be reliable and last for ten years if required.

My current car is a Diesel and I intend to keep it for several more years.

And what's more keeping a car for many years is much better for the environment than buying a new one every two years as the emissions created when manufacturing a new car are vastly more than those caused by an old car driving 100,000 miles.

I'm sorry if that does not suit the car industry or the government who hope to charge me more tax, but I would much rather sped my money on other things.

I don't think that anybody is expecting you to rush out and sell your car after reading one of the messages. I'd speculate that the message is meant to inform those that are interested in being more environmentally friendly and are due to change their car soon.

Also the argument that not changing your car is greener doesn't really hold water because that new car that you don't buy every 2 years still gets manufactured.

Hello everyone. This may seem quite trivial to some but this really gets my back up.

I was driving home yesterday from Chesterfield via the Dronfield By Pass, Just as I entered Sheffield I was met by a Digital Road sign saying "DON'T DRIVE DIESEL DRIVE PETROL" and again at Gleadless town end and again on Ridgeway Road.

Yes I do have a diesel 57-85mpg and much better emissions than most petrol.

Now I Thought that this is a service we have paid for using our hard earned taxes to provide us with helpful info regarding traffic conditions, potential problems and for warn us of future road closures.

Now more signs at the side of the road means more eyes off the road more accidents... ...Wouldn't you agree? I do not want some jumped up bureaucrat who has been given a task to ram his or her opinion down my throat on my money.

Tell me what you think or better still tell the council.

Peace out and have a great day :-)

You object to paying for a few seconds of typing and the signs being made use of when there is no traffic information to report?

You object to paying for a few seconds of typing and the signs being made use of when there is no traffic information to report?

I object to the misuse of the signs. Opinions should be set by the people not by some jumped up bureaucrat that thinks he or she has the right to abuse a system that is dedicated to helping traffic flow NOT to distract drivers from there objectives.

Oh and Chuck Norris would destroy the matrix lol

Edited by mad dog

How have you decided that it's a misuse?

I don't understand your statement about opinions. Firstly, is the bureaucrat not a person? Secondly, was the message trying to set an opinion?

Where does it say the signs only have to be used for that purpose? Do you have the conditions of the grant money on a PDF somewhere?

How have you decided that it's a misuse?

I don't understand your statement about opinions. Firstly, is the bureaucrat not a person? Secondly, was the message trying to set an opinion?

If it's not an opinion of some (PERSON) then is it an order? Or did the SCC commuter just decide that this should be displayed? lol

Yes of coarse a bureaucrat is a person, in this case a person given a little power by the governed people, a Civil servant in this case. Some one whom is put in a position of trust to perform tasks in the interests and well being of the public. I think a forum is an appropriate place to put an opinion? don't you?

Any distraction at the side of the road is a potential danger to both road uses and pedestrians alike. If its potential could distract then is this in the interest and well being of the public?

Have you seen the signs your self?

Edited by mad dog