Matrix message on parkway tonight

The scary part of this is that Sheffield City Council are employing somebody to upload these spurious messages at the ratepayers expense. The Government ought to adopt the Rotherham Policy, sack the present council and bring in responsible people from London who are accountable to the citizens of Sheffield.

The Government ought to adopt the Rotherham Policy, sack the present council and bring in responsible people from London who are accountable to the citizens of Sheffield.

For reminding petrol car owners not to fill up with diesel?

Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

I saw one saying 'use low emission'.I think it is widely proven that the once deemed 'green' diesel car is far from green and worse than a petrol engine for pollutants a lot worse.The problem is that diesel cars have been promoted for so long that it will be difficult to get people to change from them especially considering the mileage that you can get compared to a petrol car.Ford are moving back towards petrol with their ecoboost engines which are petrol but have plenty of power and good economy from a small capacity engine boosted by a big turbo.I have never owned a diesel car but i can see the attraction because of the fuel economy.

Both have pros and cons, modern diesels with particulate filters are very clean, they just have the added cost of the filter needing changing frequently. No matter what car you drive, it will be polluting, smaller engines are probably the way forward but another big factor is the weight of cars, whilst making engines smaller and more efficient/powerful car makers have been increasing the weight on cars for ages due to safety reasons, there is a lot to be gained by making cars lighter.

For reminding petrol car owners not to fill up with diesel?

Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

You couldn't fill a petrol car with diesel, the nozzle won't fit! I've tried it, owning a diesel car and a petrol one.

Harsh, no ... something needs doing with this dump of a city and it is obvious the shower running the council at present are not up to the job. Take the state of the roads, the new Sheffield Markets, the urban decay of the city centre, the list is endless.

You couldn't fill a petrol car with diesel, the nozzle won't fit! I've tried it, owning a diesel car and a petrol one.

Harsh, no ... something needs doing with this dump of a city and it is obvious the shower running the council at present are not up to the job. Take the state of the roads, the new Sheffield Markets, the urban decay of the city centre, the list is endless.

I know what you mean about the state of the roads. If only the council were proactive and awarded a multi billion pound contract to a private company to resurface and maintain every road in Sheffield!

Hang on a mo. :suspect:

This Council needs a right kick up the back side!!!!! so incompetent it's unreal.

Wait until you all receive your new Council Tax bills in the next week or so! Your in for a surprise. but at least you can see where some of the savings have been re spent or at least if you drive on the Parkway!!!

I know what you mean about the state of the roads. If only the council were proactive and awarded a multi billion pound contract to a private company to resurface and maintain every road in Sheffield!

Hang on a mo. :suspect:

I can't wait until 2017 for all our roads to be resurfaced, my car suspension won't last that long!

If the council are serious about this then they could start by only renewing or issuing new taxi licenses to non diesel vehicles as there are many taxis at any one time in the centre where they are trying to reduce harmful emissions.

If the council are serious about this then they could start by only renewing or issuing new taxi licenses to non diesel vehicles as there are many taxis at any one time in the centre where they are trying to reduce harmful emissions.

Then they can get to work on those dirty fume-belching buses!

Big Green Bus service? I was stuck behind one a few days ago. . . Nowt green about it except the colour!

Ive been cookin on gas for 11 years, I wouldnt have anything else.

I spend about £12 every 2 months on petrol.

Ive been cookin on gas for 11 years, I wouldnt have anything else.

I spend about £12 every 2 months on petrol.

My summer BBQ is is a petrol-only event, hence I can incinerate a steak in minutes. Hope you like them very well done?

Isn't the sign controlled by the Highways Agency and thus bugger all to do with the council?