Matrix message on parkway tonight

The message on the matrix near Matalan on way in to town tonight was "use petrol not diesel".

Exactly who is this aimed at?

I would guess many buses, taxis and lorries (and trains?) use diesel, can't see it prompting a mass change by private motorists to change their cars tomorrow promoting a total collapse of the second hand diesel car market and I would really recommend you don't put petrol in a diesel car.

There has been a drive to get folks to move from diesel power back to petrol. I think it started in London. there is probably more profit in petrol.

There has been a drive to get folks to move from diesel power back to petrol. I think it started in London. there is probably more profit in petrol.

And less particulates.

Good of sheffield council to promote this green idea? And post it on matrix boards ? How many diesel vehicles does the council use? There all petrol arn't they?

Good of sheffield council to promote this green idea? And post it on matrix boards ? How many diesel vehicles does the council use? There all petrol arn't they?

How many cars do the council use? If it's a commercial vehicles there isn't much of a choice.

Ok then. I'll just nip along and exchange my 4 month old diesel car then.

Modern diesel cars are way better. My Audi breezes a small road tax. Can do 50-60mpg, big torque and goes like stink. Why would i want to go back to a guzzler? :loopy:

Just my two-pennorth - I thought these matrix signs were designed and installed for warning/information purposes, NOT for propaganda. And I'm not a driver.

I saw this message on the Chesterfield Road South sign on Friday night. I'm provided with a diesel company car as I travel across the country for work. Diesel is way more efficient than petrol, if we all switch to petrol they'll be moaning about fuel consumption next!

The message on the matrix near Matalan on way in to town tonight was "use petrol not diesel".

Exactly who is this aimed at?

. . . I would really recommend you don't put petrol in a diesel car.

I think that's the reason, to prevent drivers who've recently switched from diesel vehicles to petrol from making a very expensive refuelling mistake.

I saw one saying 'use low emission'.I think it is widely proven that the once deemed 'green' diesel car is far from green and worse than a petrol engine for pollutants a lot worse.The problem is that diesel cars have been promoted for so long that it will be difficult to get people to change from them especially considering the mileage that you can get compared to a petrol car.Ford are moving back towards petrol with their ecoboost engines which are petrol but have plenty of power and good economy from a small capacity engine boosted by a big turbo.I have never owned a diesel car but i can see the attraction because of the fuel economy.