Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

I can understand that but if people don't know they are not going to be happy when trying to get home

Sorry but that is rubbish. I've stood in that queue many times over the years (I wasn't there today because I left Hillsborough a little early and nipped onto a 53 that stopped at the same stop) and I've seen many bus drivers choose to ignore all those paying customers for no other reason than that it would require them to stop for five minutes to get everyone on and they don't want to get stuck in the match traffic. That's the only reason they do it, it's got nothing whatsoever to do with 'trouble'. Every time they do it they're leaving 50-60 people stood outside in whatever weather without any shelter and a long wait for the next bus.

When the next bus turned up the crowds had gone as had most of the previous queue [they just melted away]

But that bus did not stop as well.

Complete disregard for customers.

Can't really blame them for not stopping

I suspect many these was Taxpayers as well, this is disgusting by a company , being given a Public Tender to refuse carriage of passengers , if there has been trouble at that stop , why wasn't a few of the 100 odd SYP deployed on Matchdays at great cost to local council tax payers , sent to this bus stop , they ride on the trams and park up and play cards at the rail st and the main bus interchange and Hillsborough interchange , and leaving a disable passenger is serious business under certain laws no doubt .

So you think it is acceptable to physically attack a bus if it doesn't stop?

Any order from management will be best on the behaviour of fans in previous weeks. If they have been naughty boys and girls then the bus won't stop.

Football fans are fast becoming scum in this city - vile, foul mouthed loners who get wasted every home match because they have nothing else in their life to occupy them.

You have no idea about football. None at all.

The trouble was caused by Stagecoach.

1. I thought it was First who refused to pick up the footie fans?

2. What trouble?

I've seen these goons ripping the doors off the tram at Hillsborough, no sympathy really! I don't see why normal people should put up with this disgraceful behaviour from football 'supporters'

It is the police that tell the buses not to stop there. When the cones are out thus reducing the road to one lane, buses are not allowed to stop to pick up or drop off. If a bus stops, the driver gets told to move on.

But there could have been trouble at a bus stop close by.

Stagecoach will then tell drivers not to stop at a number of stops, as people can move from one stop to the next easily.

There has been a problem otherwise the bus would have stopped.

It is not a generalisation of football supporters The language and behaviour from most supporters is disgusting. Both city clubs are bad for it, whilst at the same time promoting themselves as family clubs.

Sorry if my posts are difficult for you but I do believe if people started to educate themselves a bit more, then there wouldn't be the need for them. If i were you I would have got home and forgot about it, rather than ranting and raving on a public forum.

---------- Post added 14-03-2015 at 19:27 ----------

Someone else who needs to educate themselves.

There may have been no trouble this week. But if there has been trouble in previous weeks then the call will have been made not to stop.

The club need to make an announcement to fans to be well behaved on buses, and not to kick them. Then the buses might stop again.

"The behaviour from MOST football fans is disgusting"

Thats a sweeping statement if ever I heard. Not at all factual. I think if you are going to preach to people about being uneducated you need to look a little closer to home. Also in a previous post you mentioned that football fans are "loners" and "have nothing else in their life" another very silly silly statement.

Edited by Chazndave

Thread Title

Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

So you think it is acceptable to physically attack a bus if it doesn't stop?

Any order from management will be best on the behaviour of fans in previous weeks. If they have been naughty boys and girls then the bus won't stop.

Football fans are fast becoming scum in this city - vile, foul mouthed loners who get wasted every home match because they have nothing else in their life to occupy them.

A village appears to have lost it's idiot.

2. What trouble?

IT was Stagecoach the trouble involved around twenty passengers shouting at the driver and to them all being football supporters then who knows.,

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 08:49 ----------

It is the police that tell the buses not to stop there. When the cones are out thus reducing the road to one lane, buses are not allowed to stop to pick up or drop off. If a bus stops, the driver gets told to move on.

There was not a cone in sight.

and private coaches were picking up just above the bus stop as they do and have done every week for years.

Edited by cuttsie