Local knuckle heads

really why did she kill him such a waste,

yep that's right Alex must have been the father to Tommy etc.Tommys 1st wife committed suicide he was in right state at that time. I went to school with her sister. Did you read my early post about lol night

I knew lol and david.

Helen killed mick in a rage, they had just got home from cj's.

I knew lol and david.

Helen killed mick in a rage, they had just got home from cj's.

theres a name i havent heard for a long long time :)

i used to go in/help out at the alpha hotel (nether edge) and mick used to drink in there. i was only in my teens, mick always had a good word to say, a bit of a laugh and a joke. theres not much else i can write about him on a public forum lol, :)

theres a name i havent heard for a long long time :)

i used to go in/help out at the alpha hotel (nether edge) and mick used to drink in there. i was only in my teens, mick always had a good word to say, a bit of a laugh and a joke. theres not much else i can write about him on a public forum lol, :)

I used to go in the alpha so we will have known each other.

We had some good card games in there.

I remember one Christmas day when the alpha was booked up for dinners and ran out of turkey. We all moved up to the montgomery when the closed down.

I used to go in the alpha so we will have known each other.

We had some good card games in there.

I remember one Christmas day when the alpha was booked up for dinners and ran out of turkey. We all moved up to the montgomery when the closed down.

i was quite young then...main reason for going in was that they paid me (in beer) for glasscollecting :)

terry and christine had the place at the time, she was a friend of my mums, along with dennis who helped behind the bar :)

i was quite young then...main reason for going in was that they paid me (in beer) for glasscollecting :)

terry and christine had the place at the time, she was a friend of my mums, along with dennis who helped behind the bar :)

A long time ago maxine, your talking about 25- 30 years ago.

I once remember judge james pickles mentioning the alpha in a trial, he said "is that the hotel where they rent the rooms by the hour instead of the night"?

Edited by alex3659

not been in sheffield since 1969 ,anybody know what happend to ray morgan and denis hobson local hardmen of the sixtys +do they still run blackpudding bending courses at daveys?

I think I remember Ray Morgan. Carried a Hod for Brickies that built our Showroom on Shalesmoor in 1966. Good guy ..tough as nails and ran up and down the ladder all day.Brickies had a job keeping up. he contracted for Clenal builders and had the odd pint in The Ship Inn Next door to the site.

Does anybody remember Sheffield 6 hardcase ,Keith Sydney Littlewood (Lit's) lots of local folklore about him.
is this the same keith littlewood who had a stall next door to where wilkinsons is now and used to frequent the roman ridge pub on the flower estate?