Local knuckle heads

48 minutes ago, JimstonSWFC said:

No mate. His sister Jane is my mum. I’ve seen this picture before, she told me who the girl is but I forgot. She also said the lad to the left could well be my uncle Garry 

Thx last time I was with airy was in hoss shoe mid 80s rhino in 70s getting on nowadays..

my brothers played football with rhino in(i think)mid 80s,(kev and john briggs)i went to watch and had a little kick about with them,i was only about 12,never seen anyone as fast with the ball👌

Edited by mrs d

1 hour ago, mrs d said:

my brothers played football with rhino in(i think)mid 80s,(kev and john briggs)i went to watch and had a little kick about with them,i was only about 12,never seen anyone as fast with the ball👌

Rhino was a quiet bloke very polite and always had a laugh..

But could handle himself 

21 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Rhino was a quiet bloke very polite and always had a laugh..

But could handle himself 

he sure was,always asked me how my brothers were when i saw him,was quit sad the last time i seen him as he commented on his legs giving out on him😔

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2012 at 16:58, jane2008 said:

No, I haven't. Will you tell it me? :)

Something to do with his dog having a different "textured" floor down in starting box\ trap !?

Hard Rubber I heard!??

Whilst the others had Formica!??  Tut Tut !?? 

On 06/07/2012 at 16:16, ricgem2002 said:

i take it you heard the story about the formica incident :hihi:

I was there that night with Tony and others, it was a short sprint race and those traps were rarely used so it was easy for them to set up.

4 hours ago, SoulRebel72 said:

Something to do with his dog having a different "textured" floor down in starting box\ trap !?

Hard Rubber I heard!??

What year ? I seem to remember late Sixties ,  It made headlines in Sheffield Telegraph,  I was reading it in Taylor’s barber shop on Surrey Street so it must have been at least 50 years ago 

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

What year ? I seem to remember late Sixties ,  It made headlines in Sheffield Telegraph,  I was reading it in Taylor’s barber shop on Surrey Street so it must have been at least 50 years ago 

Robin Crapper who trained the dogs told me the whole story one night at Owlerton. .

Edited by cuttsie

5 hours ago, SoulRebel72 said:

Hard Rubber I heard!??

It caused a stir that night, it was in the 80's