Local knuckle heads

again 2 names from the past didnt derek roberts get killed?and lol cirrone didnt he have a brother called tony?

Derek did get killed, I don't remember Tony but I remember that Lol had a brother called Jesse

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 21:56 ----------

:hihi:

:hihi: walked into that one,Jane...

How's you. Bumped into your Stewart in Asda last week.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 11:47 ----------

:hihi::hihi: medallion man....

Long time no see Oki, how are you and yours?

again 2 names from the past didnt derek roberts get killed?and lol cirrone didnt he have a brother called tony?

Derek Roberts was stabbed in Turnups. think he would have been about 23 -24 at the time. Cirrones were John, Tony, Lol and Jesse who I think also got stabbed when in his twenties. Quite violent times looking back.

Derek Roberts was stabbed in Turnups. think he would have been about 23 -24 at the time. Cirrones were John, Tony, Lol and Jesse who I think also got stabbed when in his twenties. Quite violent times looking back.

Yes Derek was stabbed in Turnups but I think one of the Cerones was kill by being hit over the head by someone called Shepherd who got six years for manslaughter.

Sadly, John Chidlaw passed away yesterday. Great man and deeply missed.

RIP John

Is Bob his older brother still with us ? John must have been relatively young

Many thanks

Sadly, John Chidlaw passed away yesterday. Great man and deeply missed.

Is it the same John Chidlaw who early 80's had an auto electrics near Langsett Road? If so, god bless him! If my memory serves me right he was a great kid and not to be messed with. RIP Chids..x :(

Is it the same John Chidlaw who early 80's had an auto electrics near Langsett Road? If so, god bless him! If my memory serves me right he was a great kid and not to be messed with. RIP Chids..x :(

Yes it was...........

cheers for that blackydog i thought my memory was going then :thumbsup:

Tony lives on Woodseats and drinks in Lloyds in town every Monday and Friday lunchtime with Mick Kendal and Billy Fidler, he was 70 last year.

Tony has always knocked about on London Road and in town he used to drink in the bottom of the lane Norfolk arms dixon lane with Steve Lowry, Geoff Caley, Mick Kendal, Walt Deplage and all the other steel erectors that went in there.

Just stumbled on this post, and after screwing around on the 'pewter' for a bit (drops and so forth) I get to the chase. Did Mick have a brother, Tony? And I remember working with Fidler and Tony on the Gleadless Estate a lot of moons ago. Fidler was the clumsiest geezer ever.

Originally Posted by ooisit View Post

Tony lives on Woodseats and drinks in Lloyds in town every Monday and Friday lunchtime with Mick Kendal and Billy Fidler, he was 70 last year.

Remember tony on building sites and bricklayers used to say please if they wanted any bricks // Billy Fiddler used to play football on wing on Norcroft Cottages Beighton Sunday Aternoon ./ His brother brian from springs was a good footballer :hihi::hihi:

Originally Posted by ooisit View Post

Remember tony on building sites and bricklayers used to say please if they wanted any bricks // Billy Fiddler used to play football on wing on Norcroft Cottages Beighton Sunday Aternoon ./ His brother brian from springs was a good footballer :hihi::hihi:

All bricklayers are polite ,unlike those uncouth hod carriers and joiners.:hihi:

All bricklayers are polite ,unlike those uncoueth hod carriers and joiners.:hihi:

Couldnt agree more . But if tony said it was raining it was raining // Bring us a few bricks Tony please when you have time. :hihi::hihi: Harry Maynard used to worship him :hihi:

Couldnt agree more . But if tony said it was raining it was raining // Bring us a few bricks Tony please when you have time. :hihi::hihi: Harry Maynard used to worship him :hihi:

We were working for Hassles (Hassalls) castles at Fox Hill in 1966 .

Ray Morgan was tileing the roofs on the same job and he pinched our big ladder leaving us stuck on the Topping out.

Tony Hughes who was my bricklaying partner shouted down to Ken Carr our hod carrier (late landlord of the tramway pub). To go and get our flipping ladder back.

Ken reluctantly set of up the site and was gone for ten minutes, he came back and shouted up to us that Mr Morgan says that if we need to get down then we had better jump.

Ken then added that if Mr Morgan wanted our ladder then as far as he was concerned Mr Morgan could jolly well have it.:hihi:

Edited by samssong