Local knuckle heads

I was working on a Gleesons site at Greenhill back in the 50's, and Denis was working with the roofers there. In those days they carried the tiles up to the roof balanced on their heads, on a 'ring'. He was the best I've ever seen, 25 to 30 tiles, no problem, neck like a bull. And he could keep going. I tried it on with his sister once, trying to get her drunk, somebody whispered in my ear who she was, so I gave up on the idea.

Sounds like a wise move, Tex!

Still on the subject of Sheffield 'hardmen', who remembers 'Jiggers'. Everytime I'd see this kid he was rolling around the dance floor punching and cursing like nobody's business. He always seemed to dress smart but always wore a 'choker', a kind of kerchief favored by 'barrerlads'. He always frequented the dances at Glossop Road Baths. And what about Mick Cowan. If I remember right he was rated in 'Boxing News' at one time.

Didn't Dennis Hobson get banned from Sheffield? If so, the Sheffield forum is hardly place to discuss it! :rolleyes:

dennis Hobson snr. now runs a pub at frechville Ray Morgan lives at Short Ferry just outside Lincoln

I heard Dennis had gone to live in Skegness, hav'nt seen Ray Morgan since the Talbot closed.

Ray Morgan is my mates uncle he now lives at Short Ferry nr. Lincoln and still a gentleman.

Still on the subject of Sheffield 'hardmen', who remembers 'Jiggers'. Everytime I'd see this kid he was rolling around the dance floor punching and cursing like nobody's business. He always seemed to dress smart but always wore a 'choker', a kind of kerchief favored by 'barrerlads'. He always frequented the dances at Glossop Road Baths. And what about Mick Cowan. If I remember right he was rated in 'Boxing News' at one time.

Jiggers still dresses like that, he visits his mate near me.

Does anyone remember Iaian Northedge in the eighties? Huge S.O.B

Do you remember Lol Knight who liked to have a go at the law around about the 50s & 60s.

Jiggers still dresses like that, he visits his mate near me.
Good to know he still maintains his standards.

Do you remember Lol Knight who liked to have a go at the law around about the 50s & 60s.

Yes I remember hearing of his reputation, don't think I ever saw him though.

He lived on Thornborough Rd near my cousins.

He had a brother who was really quiet think his name was Alan.

hazel