Local knuckle heads

Hi Alex yes same Henry once or twice went out with him and Gwenn . I picked him up in midland station when he left Spain  I think he now lives on base green estate used to go out with him for years Dennis thought allot of  him he was his cousin on his mother side .

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi Alex yes same Henry once or twice went out with him and Gwenn . I picked him up in midland station when he left Spain  I think he now lives on base green estate used to go out with him for years Dennis thought allot of  him he was his cousin on his mother side .

It's surprising you didn't bump into us, Gwen has been unwell lately she's had a bad stroke, her ex Husband Jack Manning was the first person I knew to pass away due to Covid.

Henry's place was on the same road as us in Arroyo.

Edited by Alextopman

Hi Alex Henry moved to some place further south met girl called carol lived their for a few years then came back to Sheffield while he was still up near where you were I gave Ann crapes a letter to give to him . So then on kept in touch . He once had a house on John Calvert road in wood . Ps used to see your dad in George at wood house with a guy I knew for many years  rod constable .

15 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Hi Alex Henry moved to some place further south met girl called carol lived their for a few years then came back to Sheffield while he was still up near where you were I gave Ann crapes a letter to give to him . So then on kept in touch . He once had a house on John Calvert road in wood . Ps used to see your dad in George at wood house with a guy I knew for many years  rod constable .

Yes I used to See Ann Crapper there occasionally with her Niece Sharon.

I used to drink with Rod in the George as well, I was at the Hospital with his family when they told them it was hopeless, he was a good Pal of ours for many years.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Yes I used to See Ann Crapper there occasionally with her Niece Sharon.

I used to drink with Rod in the George as well, I was at the Hospital with his family when they told them it was hopeless, he was a good Pal of ours for many years.

Alex did you live on Hackenthorpe ?

On 08/11/2016 at 14:23, blackydog said:

Exactly. Was trying to establish if the poster meant the same person. Hairy wasn't big, but was a handful, especially with the old nut. Shame what happened to him but was always likely. I knew all the Emsons. Can remember Paul (rhino) kicking the #### out of hairy in their back garden when we were kids.

Was once in a car with hairy when he pulled out a gun, looked like a luger, couldn't believe my eyes. Think there was some lads from down south looking for him at the time.

Just come across this post, you'll know my mum then, Jane? She always said Uncle Rhino was the one you didn't want to have a fight in a ring with, but uncle hairy would just nut you haha. I was only young when he died, but I like reading up and hearing stories about him. 

On 01/05/2023 at 14:54, JimstonSWFC said:

Just come across this post, you'll know my mum then, Jane? She always said Uncle Rhino was the one you didn't want to have a fight in a ring with, but uncle hairy would just nut you haha. I was only young when he died, but I like reading up and hearing stories about him. 

Used to drink with rhino and his girlfriend in pheasant at lane top she was off masters rd met airy a few times in horse shoe he had a baby called chance we took turns babysitting in tap.room ...

On 04/05/2023 at 13:54, gaz 786 said:

Used to drink with rhino and his girlfriend in pheasant at lane top she was off masters rd met airy a few times in horse shoe he had a baby called chance we took turns babysitting in tap.room ...

yeah, i remember going there as a kid. It was my grandad Joes local. It's a KFC now isn't it? Yeah you're right, he had two lads, Karm and Chance. 

32 minutes ago, JimstonSWFC said:

yeah, i remember going there as a kid. It was my grandad Joes local. It's a KFC now isn't it? Yeah you're right, he had two lads, Karm and Chance. 

I remember Rhino as a youngster,  I knew Hairy well, he was a good hearted lad and it was a shame how his life deteriorated, I remember his Mrs I think her name was Dianne but could be wrong.

I also knew your other Relations off the Batemoor estate, Brian Emson and his son David.

On 01/05/2023 at 14:54, JimstonSWFC said:

Only just seen this reply. Yeah I grew up with Paul, Mark, Gary and Mick. I knew Jane too, but not like I knew the boys. Been out on the town with all of them, mostly Gary. I went on Gary's 21st with him to Turnups. I left for pastures new in 1989. If I'm near City road cematary, I pop over to Mark's grave for a few minutes to remember the past. I've looked for Gary's (who I believe also died a few years ago) grave but had no luck so far. 

On 31/05/2023 at 15:07, blackydog said:

Only just seen this reply. Yeah I grew up with Paul, Mark, Gary and Mick. I knew Jane too, but not like I knew the boys. Been out on the town with all of them, mostly Gary. I went on Gary's 21st with him to Turnups. I left for pastures new in 1989. If I'm near City road cematary, I pop over to Mark's grave for a few minutes to remember the past. I've looked for Gary's (who I believe also died a few years ago) grave but had no luck so far. 

Madness, what's your name mate? I'll ask my mum if she remembers you. Yeah Uncle Gaz died a few year back, he was cremated and we've buried his Ashes on uncle Marks grave, so you'll have been there without even realising. We need to get a proper headstone for the plot really, my Nan mark and gaz are all buried there 

Edited by JimstonSWFC
spelling
  • Like 1