Local knuckle heads

I knew Ted from the Black swan and around town, He also had a sister called Christine I think.I don't remember him as a fighter, It was a shock when he passed away. Sorry its not much information it is a long time ago.

alan p

thats true yes he was allways fighting im his son by the way i remember police comming to our house when i was a kid and he'd spit in their face and say step in this house and you'll get the poker over your head

thats true yes he was allways fighting im his son by the way i remember police comming to our house when i was a kid and he'd spit in their face and say step in this house and you'll get the poker over your head

Is this something you're proud of?

I'm surprised that so many people seem to have respect for so many of Sheffield's thugs of the time.

Is this something you're proud of?

I'm surprised that so many people seem to have respect for so many of Sheffield's thugs of the time.

no far from it im not proud im just saying wot he was like and trying to find out more about him i know he could handle himself ....i heard he hung about with a guy called jimmy bradshaw and john winterbottom

Edited by richgnr
added to it

i take it you heard the story about the formica incident :hihi:

I was there and I backed the winner.

A name not mentioned but my Dad used to talk about is , Tony Lowe knocked about town and London Rd.

A name not mentioned but my Dad used to talk about is , Tony Lowe knocked about town and London Rd.

How old is the Tony Lowe you're on about nerosun?

He`s about early seventies, iv`e been told.

He`s about early seventies, iv`e been told.

Thanks for the reply, he's not the one that I used to know in that case.

Worked as a Steel Erector.

I knew Ted from the Black swan and around town, He also had a sister called Christine I think.I don't remember him as a fighter, It was a shock when he passed away. Sorry its not much information it is a long time ago.

alan p

i know its a long time ago alan was you his friend or did u just know him from town?

How old is the Tony Lowe you're on about nerosun?

Tony lives on Woodseats and drinks in Lloyds in town every Monday and Friday lunchtime with Mick Kendal and Billy Fidler, he was 70 last year.

Tony has always knocked about on London Road and in town he used to drink in the bottom of the lane Norfolk arms dixon lane with Steve Lowry, Geoff Caley, Mick Kendal, Walt Deplage and all the other steel erectors that went in there.

Edited by ooisit

richgnr, I knew him from town and had a drink with him and pedro in the black swan thats all.