Local knuckle heads

With an upward movement! Older than 1970s I'd say.

Yes with an upward movement!

really why did she kill him such a waste,

yep that's right Alex must have been the father to Tommy etc.Tommys 1st wife committed suicide he was in right state at that time. I went to school with her sister. Did you read my early post about lol night[/QUOi

im married to tommy

really why did she kill him such a waste,

yep that's right Alex must have been the father to Tommy etc.Tommys 1st wife committed suicide he was in right state at that time. I went to school with her sister. Did you read my early post about lol night

im married to tommy

Hi, My father is John Chidlaw and I can safely say he IS NOT DEAD. He did have a heart attack a while ago now and he is not in the best condition but certainly not gone yet.

If anyone does have any stories to tell or any messages for me to take next time i go to see him i will be happy to take these with me.

It is nice to see so many old school names mentioned in this thread and it has brought back loads of childhood memories.

Cheers Young John

I'd be interested to know more about the Morgan character. I would have been 8 in 1969, so he was before my time. However, I have heard tales of the man's lethal prowess with the "nut" [head- butting]. I was told that he was very stocky, of medium height and absolutely fearless. If Deadgobby, or anyone else has some background details, I would be pleased. I was also told that Morgan once took on a huge opponent, and virtually climbed up the guy to deliver the fatal blow. Which area was he from? Did he work in the market?

Ray Morgan has a caravan at Short Ferry :hihi::hihi: He was a building trade worker and carried hod to bricklayers

Edited by spider1

Isnt Hobson the boxing promoter and "entrepreneur"

Yes and no its Dennis Hobsons son call him Dennis as well who is boxing promoter he lives in Jersey he wanted to put money in to S W. :hihi:

Hi, My father is John Chidlaw and I can safely say he IS NOT DEAD. He did have a heart attack a while ago now and he is not in the best condition but certainly not gone yet.

If anyone does have any stories to tell or any messages for me to take next time i go to see him i will be happy to take these with me.

It is nice to see so many old school names mentioned in this thread and it has brought back loads of childhood memories.

Cheers Young John

I am sure your dad will already know this, but if not, let him know that Mick Martin died about two years ago.

I remember your dad from the mid 80's, I think he trained in Taekwondo with Martin Horton and Gerald Colley, then later he had the Bell Hagg pub near Crosspool.

Cheers Young John

Hi Young John

I am so pleased to hear that your dad is alive and kicking even if he is not in the best of health. I have had word from time to time over the past few years from Cliff an associate of your dads.

I knew your dad when he was very young & living on Leppings Lane at Hillsborough yes that long ago, his mum was a very nice lady and worked so hard even though she was very ill. John was devastated when she died.

For a while he was a very unhappy boy. x

ray morgan didnt have a caravan he lived on a long boat moored on barlings drain next to short ferry

rabitter, Ray Morgan sold the boat and moved into a caravan about 8or9 yrs ago just on the road from the office.

You are welcome I'll have a pint next time I'm in Hawk.