Disgusting food waste being dumped on Gregory Road

Has anyone else noticed that every morning there seems to be a new pile of rancid looking food waste (usually chicken and bones) left on the grass verge near the entrance to Gregory Road Park? I suspect the culprit must work at a food outlet and is bringing the waste back with them and depositing it by cover of darkness, possibly to feed the multitude of stray cats living on Maxey Place.

There's no way I can let my dogs off the lead on this park now as they make a beeline for it and frantically chow down as much as they can before I drag them away, and as a result have made themselves sick. It must pose a health risk to children and pets as it's absolutely vile looking stuff (I've got a pic, but not sure how to add it on here), but I'm not really sure what can be done, other than waiting there all night to see who's doing it (but realistically who's going to do that???)

Any suggestions?

Edited by lebomb

I assume you've contacted the council?

I've logged it on Fix My Street, but I'm guessing they can only clean up what's there and not prevent it continuing.

I've logged it on Fix My Street, but I'm guessing they can only clean up what's there and not prevent it continuing.

It would be interesting to know how many council staff work after 5pm ;)

I'd contact the Environmental Health people using the Report and Request form on the council website too, just so that they are aware that this is a regular thing. When I spotted someone fly tipping and got photos and video of it, they came round and took a full statement which didn't result in a prosecution, but did result in the person who had tipped the waste coming round to tidy it up again, pay for the waste to be taken to the tip as commercial waste and entering into an agreement not to do it again, which is a result as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks medusa, I'll do that (it is possible to upload pics on here?)