Hunters Bar School

Hi, Brian,

Yes, I well remember Bingham. He used to wait in the hall for late comers and I had the cane more than once.

I couldn`t do Long division and Bingham sometimes stood in for our regular teacher.I was terrified of him.

Do you remember the chip shop on SharrowVale ? I used to get a bag of chips for a few coppers and we always asked for some"scraps". There was a Pikelet shop a few doors further down where you could watch them making oat cakes on a hotplate.

I live near Great Yarmouth ,so can`t go to the reunion.

Thanks for asking,

Cheers,

yrab

----------------------------

hi again yrab----------

yes i remember the chippy and other things mentioned,

now your making my mouth watering with the oat cakes.

<< now just stop it>>.

hey, do you remember the b40 bomber coming down in

endcliffe park ---feb 22/ed -1944.

tell me of any good times you had in the park.

Hi,

It`s strange, but I didn`t hear about the b40 untillong afterwards. I must have left HB whenit happened.

We used to go into the park at lunch time past a quaint rustic shelter by the side of the road at the corner at the bottom of Brocco bank, where the old men used to sit.

We used to play around near the water and jump across th huge stepping stones.

I think that`s all I can remember about those days.

Nice to have been in touch,

yrab

Hi,

It`s strange, but I didn`t hear about the b40 untillong afterwards. I must have left HB whenit happened.

We used to go into the park at lunch time past a quaint rustic shelter by the side of the road at the corner at the bottom of Brocco bank, where the old men used to sit.

We used to play around near the water and jump across th huge stepping stones.

I think that`s all I can remember about those days.

Nice to have been in touch,

yrab

-------

HI YA AGAIN, THEM SHELTERS HAVE BEEN KNOCKED DOWN NOW

ONLY A FEW MOUNTHS AGO.

AND THEM STEPPING STONES, COR--WE`VE HAD LOADS OF FUN

IN THAT PARK. THERE IS A GREAT CAFE IN THE PARK AND I AM SURE

YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT, IT`S A GOLD MINE AND IT ONLY SHUTS

ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

Went to Hunters Bar School from 1943 to 1950 Mr Bingham was head master and Mr Darlow was the sports master. Went to a reunion a few years ago at Beauchief hotel but non of ther boys I knew were there, but it was remarkable some of the girld dident seem to have changed. especialy Christine Sheriff I would have known her anywhere.

A big thing happened while I was there 22 feb 1942 the american bomber crashed in Endcliffe park it was tea time I was playing on the street and I saw it go over trailing smoke next minute there was a loud crash and we raced to the park I was one of the first on the scene.

Did you know the Duckworths, Harris's, Jacksons? I never went to H.B.S. but lived nearby at that time and these were pals. Re. the plane crash we must have been about last on the scene as the only thing we saw was a pile of shale!

Has anybody any memories of Hunters Bar school in around 1953-54? Particularly Mr Williams[Taffy] class in the annex?Names remembered are Ian Kirkwood, Rexy Simmons,Derek Duckworth, the Cousins twins and Rodney Emmett.

i think my (late) father was there at that time, Terry Smith. he told me all sorts of horror stories about some of the teachers.

Many thanks for reply. unfortunately' your Dad's name was not recognised.

Does anyone remember any of the Margerrison's who use to live on Stewart Road

Has anybody any memories of Hunters Bar school in around 1953-54? Particularly Mr Williams[Taffy] class in the annex?Names remembered are Ian Kirkwood, Rexy Simmons,Derek Duckworth, the Cousins twins and Rodney Emmett.

---------------------

Hi Billiej, I was at Hunters Bar School from about 1950s and left 1953/4,

I remember Mr Bingham the head teacher the teachers names draws a

blank now. I remember a chap called Michael Tomlinson/ Dennis Ledger

a girl called Brenda Walker. Dose this help you. :| Brian

Hi billiej. I was at Hunters Bar then and I can remember a couple more names Mr Fessey Music, Miss Mattocks, Wally Taylor Sports hope this helps. happy days.

Does anyone remember any of the Margerrison's who use to live on Stewart Road

i lived on Sharrow Vale Rd i used to knock about with the Sprawsons , Rivers , and the Clarkes. who all lived on Stewart Rd :)