Sheffield follows Rotherham in Child Abuse allegations?

is some body saying Sheffield Forum has contributed to the cover up? of child sex abuse.

Some years ago on this very forum I remember a thread titled something like "Cheesy men in the peace gardens".

I'd be interested to know if there was any connection between their activity and grooming, because IIRC it was a big topic at the time with plenty reporting they or their children had been approached by these men.

And did the police act?

ETA:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44145

Good heavens, I'd forgotten all about that.

This post and response is particularly noteworthy, in my opinion:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2495096&postcount=212

And look at the dates there, and it was still going on all that time!

These issues have been going on for years. Sheffield Forum, Sheffield media, Sth Yorkshire Police and Councillors & Officers in all the various boroughs have done their upmost to shut down the conversations and ignore the perpetrators.

The floodgates are opening now....

I'm not convinced that the police were all so in thrall to political correctness that they refused to act.

I worked for a police force for over twenty years, and I am convinced.

Ask yourself, how many politically correct coppers do you know?

At the top level, every one of them.

God, SYP really have a lot to answer for

the funds were diverted despite detectives being aware of allegations that young girls were being sexually and physically abused in Sheffield - and despite senior officers being sent a report urging inquiries to continue after the end of Operation Glover.

The money was re-allocated to meet Home Office targets and failing to meet them would have harmed the force's reputation

Whereas blatantly ignoring child abuse has done wonders for the forces reputation.

Who are the clowns running things over there???

It isn't just the fear of being called a racist though. That fits nicely with the Daily Mail/ UKIP / Forum Default, view of the world. To believe it is the only factor is wrongheaded.

Lots of the girls who have been abused are "difficult". Whether that is why they are abused, or because they are abused is open to question.

We have an overstretched police force and a Social Service that is creaking at the seams. Dealing with such damaged kids needs care, attention and skill. SYP clearly have none of those qualities.

I'm not convinced that the police were all so in thrall to political correctness that they refused to act. Ask yourself, how many politically correct coppers do you know?

I think that the police lacked the skill and the time to deal with these kids properly. This is likely to be a pattern that plays itself out over and over again in the the next few months, all over the country.

Sadly, these kids have been let down because the authorities couldn't cope with them.

Really ? You obviously havnt had much contact with modern day coppers then. The fact they are forced go through "Diversity Training " speaks for itself and proves they are no more than leftie social workers in as uniform these days.

People want coppers who crack a few heads to get results , we want coppers who clear the streets of toerags without having to worry about being accused of being racist or sexist.

God, SYP really have a lot to answer for

Whereas blatantly ignoring child abuse has done wonders for the forces reputation.

Who are the clowns running things over there???

It'll be happening all over the country not just Rotherham and Sheffield. Recently we've seen stories from Rochdale and Oxford and I think it's not even the tip of the iceberg. It seems strange to see how places like Bradford have avoided all this thus far. Still, it's providing useful distraction like the likes of Operation Fernbridge and Operation Yewtree etc

The subject was brought up repeatedly on Sheffield Forum over the years and each time the thread would be closed or removed for fear of being seen as racist.

This is the problem. Too many people are too quick to play the race card when people have pointed the finger at Asian grooming gangs. This is the reason why the abuse is covered up and ignored by the powers that be.

Isn't it time SYP was simply disbanded and have another force take over?

Isn't it time SYP was simply disbanded and have another force take over?

Its long overdue ,and hopefully the Government will now step in to stop SYP causing south Yorkshire any further embarrassment .

Its long overdue ,and hopefully the Government will now step in to stop SYP causing south Yorkshire any further embarrassment .

Sadly child abuse is not confined to Rotherham and Sheffield.

"A FORMER lollipop man from Penistone has been jailed for sex offences against children."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/lollipop-man-ian-middleton-penistone-4981484