Hi,

I am a student currently living near Botanical Gardens. I was wondering if anyone knew if there are golf courses or practice ranges that are fairly close to me.

Regards,

Michael

The nearest municipal course to you is Beauchief - Abbey lane. It is not bad for a public course,you will be knackered after the first hole. The green is about 200 ft above the tee. It does get very busy though. There is also a driving range at Bradway - Moor View Golf Centre - Bradway Rd.

Other places a bit further a field.

Rother Valley Country Park - 18 hole and 9 hole par 3

Birley - 18 Hole Municipal

Tinsley - 18 Hole Municipal

Chesterfield - 18 Hole Municipal

There are loads of private course near you like Hallamshire, Abbeydale but you are talking big bucks to join

Best way to spoil a good walk! :)

What's golf doing in the sport forum?

Cheers mikey

:D

Also not on the list is Concord Golf Course.

Originally posted by "mikey"

The nearest municipal course to you is Beauchief - Abbey lane. It is not bad for a public course,you will be knackered after the first hole. The green is about 200 ft above the tee. It does get very busy though. There is also a driving range at Bradway - Moor View Golf Centre - Bradway Rd.

Other places a bit further a field.

Rother Valley Country Park - 18 hole and 9 hole par 3

Birley - 18 Hole Municipal

Tinsley - 18 Hole Municipal

Chesterfield - 18 Hole Municipal

There are loads of private course near you like Hallamshire, Abbeydale but you are talking big bucks to join

Beauchief - Abbey lane... is really close... think that I will check that golf course out :)

Take your energy drink for the 1st Hole :D

Only those that have been will understand.

Originally posted by "mikey"

Take your energy drink for the 1st Hole :D

Only those that have been will understand.

wooo...that bad... :shock:

Birley is good, right next to the tramstop too (Birley Lane)

Originally posted by mikey

I was going to propose these two places, great places !

Follow the advice of the forum members, get prepared for hole n°1. Great 18th, with the 19th in the club house 10 yards away ;)

Originally posted by grownsy

HI, can you tell me how good Tinsley is? is it looked after? Not loads of scraggy kids running round?

Paul

:) HI i've been dragged kicking and screaming (only joking) to quite a few golf courses with my boyfriend barlbrough,birley rother valley etc and i can honestly say that Tinsley golf course which we played quite recently is the one and only course i have enjoyed playing on

not to mention the only course i have managed to hit a few good balls :D nice clean course that even i would be only too happy to and play again.

:rolleyes: one bad point is that it is close to airport had a helicopter flying over us for most of the game:thumbsup: