Terry Pratchett has died

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't read any of his books even though I was aware he was a best selling author.

However, I did see really interesting programmes he presented openly speaking on the subject of the horrible Alzheimer's disease he was sadly suffering from, as well as some interviews with him that revealed what a very special man he was.

RIP.

i first played the colour of magic adventure game on the zx spectrum in the early 80s

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't read any of his books even though I was aware he was a best selling author.

However, I did see really interesting programmes he presented openly speaking on the subject of the horrible Alzheimer's disease he was sadly suffering from, as well as some interviews with him that revealed what a very special man he was.

RIP.

I'd like to echo this. Well put too.

RIP.

I'm envious. You have all the pleasure of reading his books for the first time ahead of you.

I'm envious. You have all the pleasure of reading his books for the first time ahead of you.

How many books are there? Read colour of magic, once a very long time ago!

---------- Post added 20-03-2015 at 00:07 ----------

RIP. No doubt Blinky was one of the last things he saw.

. Who else would give the character of DEATH a horse called Binky, :hihi:

some profund words from ‘Hogather’:

DEATH: HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE. TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET... YOU HUMANS TRY TO ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME... SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED. YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?

"Death isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job":D

Excellent to see him just now in the final scene of Going Postal.

I'm just watching the programme that he made for the BBC called 'Facing Extinction' about orang utans (and Alzheimers) and seeing him unable to do things is so very sad.