Happy Bobby Davison double day.

Well you would do wouldn't you, going to Hillsborough on a regular basis?

The plaque was/is on the outside wall of the South stand approx 15 feet up and close to the corner with Leppings Lane.

As you walk from the away end toward Penistone road exit with the river on your right it is on the wall, it caused huge amusement when I pointed it out following a derby match a few years ago.

It may have been taken down because of the eventual realisation of how cringeworthy it was, or alternatively given the overall condition of the ground it may have fallen off through neglect and old age. :)

What was/is it commemorating ?

Yes quite correct my mistake, how long between the last win at the lane for Wednesday was it by the way.

Do you also consider finishing 9th in the top flight a failure?.

Edit was it 1968?.

Which five games since the war?, 2009 season, 68, 65 seasons in the league, are there any others?.

FA Cup, 1954 and 1960. I was there for the last one. Over 60,000 gate.

FA Cup, 1954 and 1960. I was there for the last one. Over 60,000 gate.

I bet that was some experience with 60,000 at the lane.

I bet that was some experience with 60,000 at the lane.

I don't remember a lot about it if I'm honest but the atmosphere was fantastic. Wednesday had two attacks and got two goals is what was said afterwards. I think I remember one of them going in off the near post at the Shoreham Street end.

What was it for?.

The famous never to be forgotten boxing day massacre, which will be talked about by the Owls and handed down from father to son over coming generations in order to be enshrined in myth and legend for evermore.

As opposed to our 7-3 victory which is regarded as some game we won against that lot quite a while ago.

So much so that although I was about 5 at the time I never heard about it until after the boxing day game in 1979, when it was pointed out by older Blades in reaction to all the gloating that took place.

Shows a difference in attitude towards each other in my view. :)

Yes quite correct my mistake, how long between the last win at the lane for Wednesday was it by the way.

Do you also consider finishing 9th in the top flight a failure?.

Edit was it 1968?.

Which five games since the war?, 2009 season, 68, 65 seasons in the league, are there any others?.

We dont have a great record at the Lane to say the least but consider that for most of the period you quote 1968-2009 we werent in the same Division

In the gap between the wins in 1968 & 2009, I think we played you at the Lane 10 times with 6 draws and 4 defeats

Some politicians would rave at the positivity in spinning those stats !

We dont have a great record at the Lane to say the least but consider that for most of the period you quote 1968-2009 we werent in the same Division

In the gap between the wins in 1968 & 2009, I think we played you at the Lane 10 times with 6 draws and 4 defeats

Some politicians would rave at the positivity in spinning those stats !

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/sheffield-united/sheffield-wednesday/head-to-head

That link should help you all

So you are 3 matches and 7 goals overall ahead of us. Well done the Blades.

Let's hope you manage promotion this season and we can try and redress the balance a little. :)

The famous never to be forgotten boxing day massacre, which will be talked about by the Owls and handed down from father to son over coming generations in order to be enshrined in myth and legend for evermore.

As opposed to our 7-3 victory which is regarded as some game we won against that lot quite a while ago.

So much so that although I was about 5 at the time I never heard about it until after the boxing day game in 1979, when it was pointed out by older Blades in reaction to all the gloating that took place.

Shows a difference in attitude towards each other in my view. :)

Can't believe you don't go on about the 7-3 but do so with a 3-1 win.

Don't need to go on about 7-3, it's a part of history.

We try not to live so far in the past like you owls ;)