Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

More than 10k I think, and most "sell" for well over asking prices (though often they seem to come back on the market a month later, not sure why - people bidding up so much they can't get a mortgage to match?)

I'm not sure this is true at all. I've been selling for quite some time in S6, and it's taken a while before we've finally had an offer at under the asking price that we've accepted.

We had plenty of viewers, and comparing to similar properties we weren't over priced (and the house was well presented and maintained, although empty). The offers just didn't come in, and certainly not over the asking price.

Unless it's somewhere like Bradfield I can't see people wading in and offering over the asking price.

Don't get me wrong, S6 is a nice area - but going in over the asking price is London practise.

nice house, but at £200k its in the wrong area, you can pick up a 3 bedroomed ex council in the same area for around £70-80k, blame the estate agents for over inflating the prices in the first place. they know what their doing:suspect:

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 15:50 ----------

The last house I purchased 6 months ago took 2 weeks of constant daily pestering by myself, before the estate agent decided to put my offer forward to the seller. It appeared that they didn't want to sell the property because the market value had dropped,the house had been listed for almost 2 years ,originally at £15k more than the asking price I'd seen it at,

The seller agreed to sell as soon as they'd been given my offer.

Estate agents take the ****:loopy::loopy:

TBH we live in a two bedroom terraced house not far from OP and our living room is 13ft sq, the kitchen is a lot bigger and the bathroom has a bath and a shower. It's been modernised and worth about £40,000 I would think. I can't see anything in S5 postcode getting best part of £200k. Nobody with that kind of money would choose this area

I'm going to guess Monteney Gardens.

If it is, is it this one http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48280798.html?

If so there is a 4 bed on there for £194,950 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31733664.html

I looked an ex-council house opposite but it needed too much work for the price. Your close to Ecclesfield and I have to say the houses round there look nice. But some will be put off by the S5 postcode plus you are also competing with the likes of this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44839984.html?premiumA=true at £143, 995 its cheaper and a new build which for some will be all it takes even though its smaller.

Yes, the 4 bedroomed looks more appealing to me,BUT, how long has that one been on the market ??? judging by the pictures it's been on at least 1 year,all the pics are from spring time !!

I'm not sure this is true at all. I've been selling for quite some time in S6, and it's taken a while before we've finally had an offer at under the asking price that we've accepted.

Maybe it depends where you are in S6 - certainly around the south road area of walkley, in s6, I have found it extremely difficult to buy, being outbid every time (even with over asking price offers).

I think the main problem is the price for that area - we had a lower budget than 200k when we bought our house but still did not consider S5 (no matter how nice the house was), one of the reasons why were due to crime statistics that you can find on the web which showed figures to be high in that area. There is also a lot of social housing in that area which can put people off paying 200k especially when you can get houses in a nicer area for a similar price.

Yes, the 4 bedroomed looks more appealing to me,BUT, how long has that one been on the market ??? judging by the pictures it's been on at least 1 year,all the pics are from spring time !!

I didn't look at how long it had been on the market for. You can check Zoopla for that. Anyway it still does not mean the Op's house is worth 200k, if anything if the 4 bed has been on the market for a long time it means that is overpriced too.

My opinion is it doesn't matter which EA the OP uses at the moment - not one of them is going to get 200k for the house. Unless someone really, really, falls in love with it and it is their dream home but that has got nothing to do with the EA.

The issue at this point is price. It is too expensive.

Having a look at sold prices I found this, which appears to be the Op's house: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=16863709&sale=28709612&country=england

It sold for £179,995 in 2008. If this is the right house then the OP doesn't want to sell it for less than they paid - which I can understand especially if they have done work to it. But the house is worth what someone will pay, that is the reality.

Properties like yours will unfortunately suffer at the hands of the help to buy (equity loan) scheme. When you can buy a £240k 4 bed new build with a 5% deposit and pay less in mortgage payments than renting a 3 bed semi.

The scheme is great for builders but not so great for people selling relatively new, large houses.

If it's on rightmove and getting zero interest it's simply not wanted at that price. It looks well looked after and well presented so you are basically asking for far more thyan the market will bear hence people don't feel it's worth viewing. Sorry.

Oh I've just realised, you don't have a bath. I think most people looking at family homes over a certain price are going to expect a bath in the main family bathroom.

Edited by Adamike
Further info

As some one who has bought houses via the internet IMHO the things not good on rightmove for your house are.

Solar panels no description of who owns FIT, how old etc

No garage description

Odd coloured garden fence, shed and small wooden structure.

Shaded back garden in pics not good.

Kitchen/dinning room looks lost no identity

Back garden not flat and looks awkward to cut grass

Orange wall in bedroom .

Tidy exterior but needs a clean

Study looks like a tiny living room.

No bath

Not meaning to sound negative just my opinion