Clarkson suspended by the BBC

I think it is what mates do.

I suspect that should Clarkson jump ship and move to another channel the reason for their decision will become apparent.

So if one of your workmates chinned another workmate and got suspended you'd go on strike in support?

So if one of your workmates chinned another workmate and got suspended you'd go on strike in support?

But did he chin someone?

But did he chin someone?

There is an allegation he did.

That's why he's been suspended - note, not dismissed, suspended - and, pending the outcome of that he'll be invited to return to work /re-instated - his contract is up for renewal, or, he'll be sacked if it transpires he's assaulted a colleague.

So Hammond & May are withholding their labour in solidarity with Clarkson. Isn't that what unions do?

I've highlighted the key words in the article in bold:

Top Gear could have stayed on air without Jeremy Clarkson - but his co-hosts reportedly refused to present the show without him.

James May and Richard Hammond were offered the chance to front the motoring show during Clarkson’s suspension, according to a BBC executive.

Is this just the BBC trying to shift blame and alter the balance of public opinion?

May isn't opposed to being doorstepped for opinion, I'd rather hear his words.

May isn't opposed to being doorstepped for opinion, I'd rather hear his words.

He has been quoted as saying Clarkson is a knob, I'd go along with that.

Jeremy is at it again, here's the latest rant.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCQQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fmedia%2F2015%2Fmar%2F20%2Fjeremy-clarkson-foul-mouthed-rant-bbc-top-gear&ei=UfwLVeu9K8WQ7Aa924HYCg&usg=AFQjCNGV2BdOogFt4-2Xq2HUXgOStVI7OQ&bvm=bv.88528373,d.ZGU

He only opens his mouth to change feet.

Something seems a bit weird here though, either he's finally lost the plot or there's an ulterior motive involved.

I wonder if he's had a better offer from someone but his contract with the BBC ties him to them for a period unless they sack him?

Would explain things.

It took the BBC two weeks to investigate the alleged incident that les to Clarkesons suspension. A similar incident being investigated in a school for example where one student had allegedly struck another would be investigated and resolved the same dayor within a day or two.

One has to consider the possibility that the BBC chose not to air the episode of TG that followed the incident and then dragged out the time taken to investigate it for reasons of its own.

I have no preference as to the outcome, except to say that if he did it he should either be prosecuted or perhaps prevented from appearing on TV and making Live appearances for a suitable length of time so that he may not profit from whatever occurred.

If he and the BBC do part company I have no doubt he will be back on our screens doing something where he can be equally contravertial very soon.

One has to consider the possibility that the BBC chose not to air the episode of TG that followed the incident and then dragged out the time taken to investigate it for reasons of its own.

They're stuck in a no-win situation.

on the one hand, they don't really like him, on the other hand he (Top Gear) brings in so much bloody money they can't actually go without him.

If they did let him go and replaced him, I'd be willing to be future revenue from further Top Gear episodes will tank dramatically.

I do love watching Top Gear, and Jeremy really makes the program for me. However if they do get rid of him and the budget decreases - I hope it means they'll start focusing slightly more on 'normal' cars to test drive.

That's the only bugbear for me - slightly too many ridiculously expensive sports cars. The completely different models and makes are ok, but when they keep bringing back slightly altered, updated and modified Porsche/Merc's/Range Rovers then it starts to get a tad boring.

I do love watching Top Gear, and Jeremy really makes the program for me. However if they do get rid of him and the budget decreases - I hope it means they'll start focusing slightly more on 'normal' cars to test drive.

That's the only bugbear for me - slightly too many ridiculously expensive sports cars. The completely different models and makes are ok, but when they keep bringing back slightly altered, updated and modified Porsche/Merc's/Range Rovers then it starts to get a tad boring.

So punching people is ok just so long as you can continue to watch crappy car programmes on TV?

He’s done wrong and the only remorse he has, is any, is for himself. He has no right to put anyone down, belittle people or carry the way he does simply because he’s considered to be a celebrity, let alone punch anyone. He needs to be sacked just as anyone else would be. If he’s as popular as people seem to think he is, he’ll have no trouble finding another job. Maybe he can stack shelves in Sainsbury’s or something.

There are programs on other channels that do that. They get rather less viewers than the 5.4 million average who watch Top Gear.

It might well happen that JC JM and RH leave and move to another channel where they revive their lunacy in one of these other programs, and the BBC do start doing shows about Citroen Picassos. If that happens I suspect that most current Top Gear viewers will change over to their prefered formula and the few who watched the other channel will switch to the BBC.

So punching people is ok just so long as you can continue to watch crappy car programmes on TV?

Eh? That wooden spoon you using, fall out of the pan and hit you on the head? :loopy:

Who genuinly wants to sit down and watch a detailed and un-biased review of a Diesel Ford Fiesta :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

I'd rather sit and watch paint dry!