Clarkson suspended by the BBC

He is a mate of his. He didn't however defend what he did. If you skimmed what the DM wrote, you may be forgiven for misunderstanding. Read the quotes. They are not supporting him.

The media has a habit of writing a story that they want to write and then putting in a few quotes - some true, some not - to give it credence and to bamboozle the uninterested or stupid.

Think about any situation you actually know about. Then read the media coverage of it. It is never accurate as to what happened and it is rarely true.[

798,451 supporters

and those against

24,255 :hihi:

Yes, well as on most issues, as usual I'm one of the minority.

Is that cause you only skim over the issues? :)

Is that cause you only skim over the issues? :)
Could be. :hihi:

Me too.

Alarming how popular he is, given his ****-like nature. I guess one mans **** is another mans hero? No accounting for taste!

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 00:17 ----------

This article (by Steve Coogan) I think sums up the situation, very well...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/feb/05/top-gear-offensive-steve-coogan

Well worth a read.

Dealt with it. Quite frankly if a key talent and major production of the BBC hired my entire hotel and additional services at great costs I would make damn sure that I provided what they wanted and when they wanted a little inconvenience can be put up with.

So they were a little inconsiderate and allegedly acted inappropriately (against a producer BTW, not the hotel staff). Big deal! Stars have diva demands. Its certainly not the worst demands and behaviour that I have heard some celebs get up to.

You deal with things in the hospitality and transport industry and charge accordingly. It seems to me from what I have read that the hotel management sorted it out. What did or didn't happen between Clarkson and Producer is a totally separate issue.

Yes you would imagine booking the entire production team into a hotel for 3 days with use of the helipad that the hotel might have been willing to accomodate the needs of the guests. I suppose if those whose job it was to pass on those requirements didn't do that then they were not doing their jobs.

I doubt Beyonce arrives back at her hotel after a gig to be told the bar shut at misdnight or she can't come in because it is 2 am and it's the night porter's night off. .

Yes you would imagine booking the entire production team into a hotel for 3 days with use of the helipad that the hotel might have been willing to accomodate the needs of the guests. I suppose if those whose job it was to pass on those requirements didn't do that then they were not doing their jobs.

I doubt Beyonce arrives back at her hotel after a gig to be told the bar shut at misdnight or she can't come in because it is 2 am and it's the night porter's night off. .

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that Beyonce was meeting up with Jezza for a clandestine 'bit of driving tuition' at the hotel, or maybe just as 'A star in a reasonably priced car' (disguised as Gary Lineker)? That'll put a new slope on things either way.

Good heavens! Cameron, sticking his nose in, for his friend and fighting his corner before any investigation in to the incident and when the full facts of what Clarkson has done are still yet to emerge.

Same old, same old. Look after our friends first no matter what and to hell with anyone else.

Good heavens! Cameron, sticking his nose in, for his friend and fighting his corner before any investigation in to the incident and when the full facts of what Clarkson has done are still yet to emerge.

Fancy sticking up for your mates! What kind of world do we live in! :rant:

It's ok for 308 people to have their say in here though, and thousands also on other sites, and hundreds of thousands voting on some bizarre polls; all of whom don't know all the facts either? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 02:59 ----------

Same old, same old. Look after our friends first no matter what and to hell with anyone else.

:rolleyes:

He was asked a question by a journalist. He answered concisely. He didn't support him. How obtuse can you be?

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 07:01 ----------

815,415 supporters

798,451 supporters

and those against

24,255 :hihi:

Me too.

Alarming how popular he is, given his ****-like nature. I guess one mans **** is another mans hero? No accounting for taste!

You've both heard about that top 3rd percentile IQ theory, right? Welcome to the club ;):D

815,415 supporters

EDIT - sorry, 2.97th percentile :hihi:

Isn't that what friends are for?