Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Is this all about Clarkson driving big fast motor cars which gets up some peoples noses..........come on don't be coy!

Can't he be persuaded to take part in one of those vile jungle survival competitions (which would appeal to his ridiculously overdeveloped male ego)...then just left there? It would take him years to get home without a production team.

Plus, nobody would have to get decked by him.

Win, win.:)

That would be the ideal solution, particularly as I never watch any of those type of programs either.

Just one problem though, we are talking about a man who reportedly kept a helicopter and pilot waiting for hours whilst he remained in the pub.

Then, when flown back to his luxury country house hotel and provided with what I'm sure would have been an excellent spread, he kicked off like a six year old having a tantrum because the chef hadn't been prepared to remain twiddling his thumbs long after his shift ended in order to cook him a steak.

Does this sound like someone who could be persuaded to rough it in a jungle without 5 star catering on tap?

Is this all about Clarkson driving big fast motor cars which gets up some peoples noses..........come on don't be coy!

No, it looks to be about him spending all afternoon in the boozer, returning late to the hotel and decking someone because there was no dinner ready on the table.

Yes. Bit of a 'first world problem' in the end, wasn't it? He wanted a freshly-cooked steak and he was offered a plate of charcuterie. :rolleyes:

Pillock.

Edited by aliceBB

Yes. Bit of a 'first world problem' in the end, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Pillock.

He displayed almost Neanderthal behaviour, similar to the stereotypical view of how men used to behave back in the 1960s.

No dinner on the table when you stumble home from the boozer after spending all day dhan't pit?

Slap the missus!

But lots of our big exports with boorish behaviour earning millions tend to go the same way, Stones, Led Zeplin and loads more............whats the difference?

Down to personal taste really..............I get the impression millions worldwide would disagree with your opinion about a poor lad from Donny.

Rock stars, particularly talented ones are supposed to act like that.

When Jagger became a member of the MCC I was personally disgusted, but as I always rated the Beatles and The Who above the Stones I survived.

Clarksons talent is as a writer, don't know if you've read any of his stuff in the Times but he's good, apart from he spoils it a bit at times by his constant urge to be controversial.

As a 'personality' I find him irritating, boorish schoolboy pranks and childish humour do not appeal to me.

Obviously others disagree and that is entirely their prerogative.

I assume you are attempting to be humorous with the ' poor lad from Donny ' remark?

Jeremys mother made a substantial amount of money from manufacturing Paddington bears and the family had money prior to that.

Privately educated our Jeremy has never wanted for anything and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

His childhood home.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2573790%2FJeremy-Clarksons-idyllic-childhood-country-home-sale-595-000-But-Top-Gear-fans-beware-theres-ONE-garage.html&ei=JfEBVdfSAsyP7Ab-x4GAAQ&usg=AFQjCNEMN8Qr0dGxSy3kFpyxXCJwec8F4w&bvm=bv.88198703,d.ZGU

Very nice and not bad for a poor Donny lad. :)

He displayed almost Neanderthal behaviour, similar to the stereotypical view of how men used to behave back in the 1960s.

No dinner on the table when you stumble home from the boozer after spending all day dhan't pit?

Slap the missus!

Probably a good job the pits are gone then!

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 20:12 ----------

Rock stars, particularly talented ones are supposed to act like that.

When Jagger became a member of the MCC I was personally disgusted, but as I always rated the Beatles and The Who above the Stones I survived.

Clarksons talent is as a writer, don't know if you've read any of his stuff in the Times but he's good, apart from he spoils it a bit at times by his constant urge to be controversial.

As a 'personality' I find him irritating, boorish schoolboy pranks and childish humour do not appeal to me.

Obviously others disagree and that is entirely their prerogative.

I assume you are attempting to be humorous with the ' poor lad from Donny ' remark?

Jeremys mother made a substantial amount of money from manufacturing Paddington bears and the family had money prior to that.

Privately educated our Jeremy has never wanted for anything and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

His childhood home.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2573790%2FJeremy-Clarksons-idyllic-childhood-country-home-sale-595-000-But-Top-Gear-fans-beware-theres-ONE-garage.html&ei=JfEBVdfSAsyP7Ab-x4GAAQ&usg=AFQjCNEMN8Qr0dGxSy3kFpyxXCJwec8F4w&bvm=bv.88198703,d.ZGU

Very nice and not bad for a poor Donny lad. :)

....."Privately educated our Jeremy has never wanted for anything and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever."

Why mention it then?

Probably a good job the pits are gone then!

Funny :hihi:

It comes to something when elements of the UK society hold up the likes of Clarkson and Farage as some kind of working class heroes, which are both most definitely not and their actions are seen as an acceptable loutish way of getting one over the establishment. They are the establishment, up there in the public eye and should know better. The perception that they can do and say what they want without having to face the music as you and I would is the reason that the old British spirit of playing with a straight bat and justice for all is now considered a universal joke and the reason the UK is becoming more isolated.

People seem to think that speaking your mind is now a green light to insult and personally abuse other people hence the rise of such repulsive characters such as Katy Hopkins and Myleene Klass etc. Telling it as they see it is not an excusable free pass to put down or belittle others; it’s just a more fashionable word for bullying and because the UK public see such public figures acting like that they think it’s acceptable behaviour, which it most certainly isn’t. Some people are even foolish enough to copy their behaviour. All it does is drive away your friends, suppliers and customers and that’s not the way to get a head in the world. Nobody can ever do it all on their own; people will always need other people.

Well said, Mecky. There is a fine line between 'not suffering fools gladly' and being downright rude, brattish, anti-social and objectionable.

Clarkson crossed that line a long time ago.

I take back everything I said condemning JC for punching someone. If I was expecting a meal lined up at Simonstone Hall and didn't get it I'd be very cross. I've been there a few times.The food is terrific along with the service and the wine.

'The food is terrific along with the service and the wine.

Obviously not terrific enough for JC :rolleyes: