Will Sheffield Ever catch up with Leeds/Manchester?

We've got corrupt, useless local government and an ineffective police force.

I thought they loved that sort of thing???

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

What I'm saying is that I'd only invest with the minimum condition I'd get a return plus my stake i.e. take out more than I put in

So why should Sheffield try and compete with other nearby cities? I couldn't give a toss what Manchester or Leeds do

:love: Hear hear Mecky! I don't care either what they do, I wouldn't want to be living in Manchester or Leeds.

I love us Sheffielders and our access to beautiful countryside right on our doorstep - we're the lucky ones they should want to compete with :D:D:D

:love: Hear hear Mecky! I don't care either what they do, I wouldn't want to be living in Manchester or Leeds.

I love us Sheffielders and our access to beautiful countryside right on our doorstep - we're the lucky ones they should want to compete with :D:D:D

And we don't care for you either, we have Otley Ilkley and the Dales, with the added advantage our beautiful countryside is in Gods Own County Yorkshire not Derbyshire !

with this backward council in charge sheffield will always be in the shadows

with this backward council in charge sheffield will always be in the shadows

Sheffield councils always seem to be backwards. Why is this, and how can we change it?

The centre of Leeds is a right pig to park in since they bulldozed the big car park by the markets.

Not only was it easy to access, but it was cheap and IIRC was at one point free after 6ish.

Now you pay through the nose for NCP.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 09:45 ----------

Depends on your view of corrupt??

Case in point the 'planning team' who last summer went to Cannes to a 'planning convention' on the premise of finding someone to sort out the mess the moor is.

The sum total they brought back was 'some good leads'.

They're going back again this year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, but thats simply not good enough.

You don't need to go on holiday, to find a contractor to take on a large building project like the moor - if the council got their **** in order all the big contractors would be beating their door down trying to get the job.

If a contractor came along and wanted to build a mini shanghai or bejing it would be passed and built within 6wks

It all started when Leeds hosted the Indoor League -- Sheffield's been playing cultural catchup ever since!

I worked in Leeds for a number of years and can honestly say its a dump. Cant speak for Manchester but certainly dont want to be like Leeds.

Totally agree! Give me Sheffield any day.