Wednesday v Fulham

Sorry Rensh but the truth is there are a lot of morons go to matches these days.

It's the very reason I stopped having a season ticket after 40 years.

They don't understand the real meaning of the word ' support '.

If you go on Owlstalk it's exactly the same. You see the same mentality there.

I think, for some, they're more bothered about how many beers they can shove down their neck than the actual football.

I think there's always some who'll have a go at a player and there always has been but these days it's vicious and nasty.

At the moment the pitch is dire, they've nothing to play for and they're racking up injuries.

The last few years I've longed for a nice quiet end to the season instead of having to hang on till the end.

With the new investment and a new pitch maybe next year will be completely different. Personally I'm prepared to wait.

Can't remember that happening for some time,we're easily pleased arn't we.:D

Yes,it doesn't take much.:)

I agree Dreb. It's a real shame that these fans ruin it for the majority. Shouting like they are experts when in actual fact they don't have a single clue. I think we've had a great season and I look forward to the next!

UTO

Guest sibon
Sorry Rensh but the truth is there are a lot of morons go to matches these days.

It's the very reason I stopped having a season ticket after 40 years.

They don't understand the real meaning of the word ' support '.

I agree Dreb. It's a real shame that these fans ruin it for the majority. Shouting like they are experts when in actual fact they don't have a single clue. I think we've had a great season and I look forward to the next!

UTO

Don't forget that the season ticket holders have been there all year, watching a load of old rubbish most of the time. We've hardly scored a goal from open play all season. The pitch is in worse condition than my allotment and everyone has been distracted by the takeover.

Next year will be better. I've already renewed my season ticket, but Saturday marked an all time low in terms of quality of entertainment. Personally, I can't wait for the next four home games to be over, then we start a new chapter.

In the meantime, I'll be there supporting, but I'll also understand those who are less enamoured.

I understand what you're saying about the standard of play not being good but , believe me , I was going in the 70s and that really was dire.

If we were scoring but conceding loads like we've done in the past then people would still moan and probably have more reason to cos we'd be in the wrong half of the table.

I think, sibon, both Rensh and I just can't understand the level of hostility that you see directed at our own players especially as we're in a reasonable position. It's not unique to Wednesday its a symptom of the modern game.

You see, on TV, teams in the top 4 of the Premiership getting booed off at halftime if theyre not winning against teams they're ' expected ' to be beating.

It's now a case of, if we're not winning we're booing.