People getting things for free

cant believe people are getting really good things off here and gumtree for free and then putting them on facebook to sell.should be banned.

More fool the people giving "really good things" away for free then

people think they are helping others out thats why they give them for free,not to fill others purses up

Doubt it.

The stuff I've given away free/mega cheap is stuff I need rid of, but can't or won't ever get round to shifting myself anyway.

Bits & pieces of old furniture, old semi-working appliances, oh and a couple of cars.

If someone wants to put the time and effort into collecting them, sorting them out and then selling them on for a few quid then go for it.

One person's junk is another person's treasure

cant believe people are getting really good things off here and gumtree for free and then putting them on facebook to sell.should be banned.

Banned how?

Do you give scrap to the scrapman for him to make a few quid from?

Once you have given an item away, surely it's theirs to keep, resell or even throw away !!

Would the same apply to somebody reselling an unwanted Christmas/Birthday gift ?

What about charity shops ? They are given things for free and then resell them!

Ridiculous statement........... Sour grapes comes to mind.

Do you mean facebook should be banned? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It all depends on the rules of the FB group. These are usually half a dozen for each major town or city so its hard to enforce a ban.

Certainly when it comes to Freegle people are not meant to resell the things they get from donors and they can be banned from the group I believe if they are found to be doing so. That said, I'm sure it does go on and I'm also convinced that there's a fair bit of being economical with the truth when it comes to spinning a sob-story to the donors to get them the stuff in the first place.

Certainly when it comes to Freegle people are not meant to resell the things they get from donors and they can be banned from the group I believe if they are found to be doing so. That said, I'm sure it does go on and I'm also convinced that there's a fair bit of being economical with the truth when it comes to spinning a sob-story to the donors to get them the stuff in the first place.

Of course there is. A lot of car booters pick up stuff from the tinternet for nowt then make a few bob on it . I dont see owt wrong with it . If someone is giving something away it means they no longer want it , so what happens to it after it nowt to do with them in my opinion.